Summit - Barcelona-Venice.... Incredible but some hiccups to post

AnthonyF

I said wow in an earlier post, and do stand by it, but wanted to mention a few hiccups that are minor but for those looking for negatives to be prepared....

No vacation is perfect and this one while close did have a few things that I figure you should prepare for if you are nit-picky....

1. This was major, but in the grand scheme of things just needs clarification. I have the kids in the same room and this cruise and always was under the impression (and charged) 50% tips for the third/fourth. My bill showed 100%. The work all our stewards/attendants/waiters do is phenomenal and involve long hours, so I did not make a big deal or question it and paid it as they deserved it and need the money more then I do.

2. I like to shower in the spa and the hot water never worked properly and even after reporting 2/3 X's nothing was done.

3. Lounge chairs not on the pool deck certainly starting to show age. Again still comfortable and there is a towel on the chair so no big deal.

4. I went down to the Cova Cafe for Tapas a # of nights and each time the tapas were there behind the counter but no one to serve them or dishes. I eat plenty, so did not go hungry, but never understood what to do, nor was I going to go searching to get fed.

5. I love their sticky pecan buns.... Only found it at breakfast only 2 days in a 12 day cruise. Thus stock up when you see them....

6. Love the waffles with strawberries and whipped cream. The strawberries and I was happy because it is better on them, were the frozen variety, not fresh....

7. Saw some wear and tear on the ship, which I still maintain was minimal and expected on a 10 year old ship.

Again loved the cruise, just figured before someone else complained or nit picked, I nip it in the butt....

Disappointed with your short review, everything very negative. Try adding in lots of the good stuff that happened on your cruise!! Might leave a better impression that things were just not as bad as you clearly indicate they were.

This is a follow-up post to the OP's earlier post where he said his cruise was wonderful.

If you read this post carefully, you will see that he is just adding a few additional points that he thinks would be helpful for people to know.

His heading on this post says "Summit - Barcelona-Venice.... [was] Incredible...but some hiccups to post". (I have inserted the [was] for the sake of clarity). The last line of this post says..."Again, loved the cruise....".

With respect to the 50% tips for children, this WAS the case with Celebrity when we first started to cruise with them, but I believe the change to 100% gratuities for children was made about two-and-a-half years ago.

Disappointed with your short review, everything very negative. Try adding in lots of the good stuff that happened on your cruise!! Might leave a better impression that things were just not as bad as you clearly indicate they were.

I did in an earlier post say it was an incredible trip, great ship and said it in one word...... Wow....

I said that anyone who has issues, usually are nitpicking..... I just wanted to note a few little things.

And I certainly do remember being charged 50% tipping for the 3/4 in a cabin. I paid 100% and did not complain, just brought it up.

This is a follow-up post to the OP's earlier post where he said his cruise was wonderful.

If you read this post carefully, you will see that he is just adding a few additional points that he thinks would be helpful for people to know.

His heading on this post says "Summit - Barcelona-Venice.... [was] Incredible...but some hiccups to post". (I have inserted the [was] for the sake of clarity). The last line of this post says..."Again, loved the cruise....".

With respect to the 50% tips for children, this WAS the case with Celebrity when we first started to cruise with them, but I believe the change to 100% gratuities for children was made about two-and-a-half years ago.

Thanks for reading the post correctly. Also wish I knew the tipping had changed as that may have changed our booking for the children and resulted in their own cabin..... They are a little older and were on their own and usually returned late....:rolleyes:

AnthonyF,

Thank you for the review :)

As for #6, were there any fresh strawberries on board?

Yes, plenty of fresh strawberries.... I only mentioned it at breakfast with the waffles and I like the frozen one's as they have juices and better match the waffles in my opinion.

As said I just thought I'd be proactive and give the heads up, especially for those who love the pecan rolls (which I do) and don't want to miss them or try to figure out how to get tapas, which I couldn't.:rolleyes:

Archived