Sensation Rescue attempt embarrassing

rolloman

Yes.

It's always good to shut the barn door after the horse has drowned.

And if it is a mechanical failure, whose responsibility is it to make sure that the rescue boats are in working condition?

And we come right back to the crew, don't we?

Mechanical failures cant be predicted even if something is well taken care of. You can check something that day and in a few hours something will cause it to fail.

the link I provided had a different version... in that version the wife (not g/f, this was a anniversary cruise) pleaded with him not to jump. That he was already up on the railing when she came into the cabin...

so before people jump to conclusions.... there are at least two versions floating around. How do we know the one posted here is the true version?

I agree, well probably never know the whole story of why he jumped iff the balcony. The authorities may know, but I doubt any of the news organizations will go back to find out why.

......What I find surprising is that if the story is true, that Carnival's crew did not UNTIE the rescue boat and it capsized and THEN did not deploy another one, these actions would be supported. I'm sure as a corporation Carnival will use this as an opportunity to provide additional training and their response will be evaluated under a microscope, as it should be.

I am relatively sure, that some one fom corporate Carnival has already read the report on what happened. It should have in it a timeline explaining what happened and when,by who, including the issue with the lifeboat/RHIB. They would have to explain the loss of gear.

Assuming that the crew was not properly trained or did something wrong, I would expect to see reprimands at least, if not reassignments.Thats assuming that the crew was somehow responsible. If the crew was not responsible, and it was an act of nature in the boat overturning, filling with water, etc, you really cant blame anyone.I might expect someone to say what can we learn from the incident? (Assuming it was a unpredicted mechanical issue)

Archived