Cabo San Lucas, Acapulo and Huatulco what to do?

Pirateskigirl

Cruising in November and wondering what the best options are for these ports?

I have never been to any of these stops, so I want to get the max out of my time there and the biggest bang for my buck. I like to do active excursions sitting on a bus doesn't do it for me.

Cabo San Lucas

Looking at the Chileno Bay Snorkeling excursion through Princess.

Is that a good tour?

Should we just do Cabo on our own?

It's a tender stop, so i'm thinking the tour will get us off the ship faster

Acapulo

My cruising companions have been here before and may not get off the ship. I'm I better off on a ship tour or going on my own?

We are in port 9am-5pm. Can I get to the cliff divers, must see sites and the submerged Virgin Mary in the Bay on the way to Isla de la Rogueta in that time frame?

Huatucalo

I understand it's known for the 5 bays and the Paque Nacional Huatulco

Signed up on the Hualtco Sail & Swim with Princess.

Does this sound like the best tour? We are only there for 5hrs

Any recommendations would be welcome. Looking forward to this adventure.

Stacy

For Cabo, it really depends upon when you are going. Dec - March is prime whale watching season.

For Acapulco, it is an easy, short cab ride (you can even walk, but it is up hill one the way there). Most of the Cliff Diver shows are at night (they dive with torches). Since you won't be there for the night time dives, they will probably add a couple of daytime shows. They always have at one daytime show I think. My guess is that they would add one or two more. The divers dive for tips some I'm sure they will add shows for the cruise ship.

Couple of maps to peruse.

For Cabo - drag and zoom all you want

http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=22.882067&lon=-109.90772&z=16&l=0&m=b

For Acapulco - Cruise ships park by the big red roofed building. The Cliff Divers area "La Quebrada" is over to the left by the Hotel Mirador.

http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=16.8466975&lon=-99.909271&z=17&l=0&m=b

In Huatulco - we took the sail and swim tour last year during our trip through the Panama Canal. It was mellow and fun. They motor out to a bay, you just jump off the boat, swim for about 25 minutes and then you reload and they sail you back to the marina. They offer you a drink and a small snack. We had a ton of seniors who just stayed on the boat and watched us swim. They had a good time too. We saw a few rays and some non-stinging jellies, but not much wildlife. Again, it was a very mellow trip.

• 6 months later...

We used Rudy, tour by van in Acapulco and Rudy was terrific. We had a great tour and saw soooo much.

We went for a 3 hr whale watching sail with lunch on Cabo Sail, It was another great day. We saw whales, but even if we didn't, the day was great. Sailboats take a max of 6 people. We rented 2 boats.

Archived