Help with car rental in LaBaie

mdod

• 2 weeks later...

OK. I FINALLY have a car AND an email contact for National Car Rental. I'm not sure about other agencies but National has a temp office at the dock in in LaBaie. You cannot make reservations online because the office is only open on cruise days and it's very difficult to call the agencies directly because most of the employees most don't speak English. I got up with Budget at Bagotville airport but they wanted to charge $30 each way for drop-off, pick-up at the docks. Maybe you can negotiate a better deal or take a taxi but I didn't want the hassle and felt that we were being ripped off for the km distance to the airport.

Jean-Pierre Talbot is the owner of the National Car Rental in LaBaie. The toll free number for the Chicoumiti office is 1-800-549-2411. I finally got up with him on the phone but, if you don't speak French, the EASIEST thing to do is email him at loctalbot at video tron.ca (take out the spaces and replace "at" with the symbol) He speaks English and responds quickly to email. We rented a compact car for pick-up at the dock for $69.98 (including taxes and fees and unlimited mileage). Not a great price but a lot better than the $140 total from Budget and not unexpected with the limited options in a small port.

I will post a follow-up after we get back mid Oct with any more information I can find out.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi my name is Jean-Pierre Talbot:), I' m a National Car Rental franchisee here in Saguenay. We do offer car rental at the port in LaBaie, we have a portable kiosk to deliver the car at the dock. We can provide compact car, midsize car or mini-van. If you want to make a reservation just contact me by e-mail: loctalbot@videotron.ca . I do speak in english, you can also reach me by phone 1-800-549-2411. It will be easier to use the e-mail adress. So good luck with your trip planning and it will be a pleasure for me to help you for your transportation need. Best regard!

Archived