Is Island cruises No More

abeez

Has Island cruises broken up, we sailed in 2007 when they had there own website.....

I cannot find any solid info about this Cruiseline.

I found that Island Escape, that we sailed on is now owned by thomsons, Not sure about Island Star...

Can someone let us know if they have solid news about this line, If they have indeed broken up, then this section "Island Cruises" would officially be No more...

Cheers

Alan

FYI:

Island Cruises became fully owned by TUI Ltd On the 6th of October 2008. As part of the deal, Island Star was returned to her owners (Royal Caribbean) on the 26th of March 2009 in Barbados (I was one of the bridge officers onboard at the time of the handover - I flew home that day - it was a sad day!) Island Star is now sailing for Royal's spanish brand Pullmantour sailing out of Mexico as Pacific Dream.

Island Escape on the other hand was fully owned by Island Cruises, and has been inherited by TUI, the plans as far as I am aware is that she will continue as the "Island Escape" and the "Island" brand will be maintained for the foreseeable future, so from a passenger point of view there shouldn't be any difference.

Archived