?? Beaches in Tortola

danp

When you get off the ship there is a parking lot with transportation to Cane Garden Bay. It is beautiful and just tell the driver what time you would like to go back to the ship. We had a driver with a stove pipe hat and an air conditioned van. The round trip fare was not expensive as I recall. Have a great time!

I honestly don't know if there is a way to do this one yourself, but the Baths at Virgin Gorda is an AMAZING beach. We have always done it via ships excursion so I am unsure if you can do it on your own, but it is worth it to do the ship excursion. It is an incredible beach.

Tortola is awesome. We did a tour with Patouche Charters. The owners are wonderful, crew is excellent.. You get their way ahead of the water taxis and ships tours so you can spend lots of time exploring before the crowds.. Even for non swimers the Patouche guide will assist you to and from the beach from the boat..

does any one know about a qiet beach called smuglers cove? when we went on line to find out about beaches the info was that cane garden bay was beautiful but busy like a jimmy buffett beach which sounds like fun! then it said about smugglers cove that it was quiet?any ideas will be helpful. we sail 10/31 thanks

Been to a couple of beaches on the opposite side of the island from where the ships dock and they were fabulous. Most cruise ships have "beach tour" where they provide the bus to the beach, but you can take a cab as well. It's cheaper if you can share a cab with other people, and you'll want to arrange for when you'll be leaving.

But those beaches on Tortola are awesome!

We went to Brewer's Bay a couple of years ago. Taxi ride was cheap. Can't recall the exact price. We had the driver return for us at a specified time. It was much more secluded and quieter than the usual tourist traps. There were less than 20 people on the entire beach that day. The ride was quite an adventure.

does any one know about a qiet beach called smuglers cove? when we went on line to find out about beaches the info was that cane garden bay was beautiful but busy like a jimmy buffett beach which sounds like fun! then it said about smugglers cove that it was quiet?any ideas will be helpful. we sail 10/31 thanks

Here is a link to some good information and a nice picture of Smugglers Cove on Tortola

http://www.bareboatsbvi.com/t_beaches_smugglers_cove.html

We just did the BATHS on our own last month. FABULOUS!!!!! Let me know if you have any questions. It's super-easy to get there and back independently.

CeleBrat

I have been watching this thread since we are trying to decide what we are going to do when we go on our cruise in December. I would LOVE to know who you used, prices and so forth. :)

Archived