New Silversea Pricing/Offers?

Mike2131

I was just on the website to look for another cruise and there seem to be some changes going on. Silver Sailings seems to gone (or moved) and savings now seem capped at 50% vs. the 60% that has been the norm with the new pricing structure. PA II pricing is completely unaccessable.

Is this new or has it been going on and I just did not see it because I have not been in for a couple of days?

luvtojump: Just returned from the Cloud. I was informed that response to the 60% sale has been well received and savings on some itineraries were going to be reduced.

You could be right. Other than some category tab changes, everything seems to be pretty much as it was with the exception that the max savings now appears to be 50% vs. 60%.

meow!: A cursory check a few minutes ago seems to show the old numbers. Perhaps it was just a computer program glitch.

I just checked before I logged in to CC and saw the same thing. After just losing a booked RSSC cruise to an accelerated dry-dock I just might be a little gun shy when I see something out of the ordinary that persists.

From other threads in this column, we read that Silversea ships are mostly filling up through the later part of this year. It is plausible that the present "special" discounts are in anticipation of the 40% increase in berths with the introduction of the newbuild Spirit. Silversea needs to know that they can at least fill existing ships to capacity in order to fill the newbuild down the road. Any comment?

Not seeing any reference here to the new Venetian Society last-minute offers that we just received word of....Something I'd always wished/hoped they'd do - offer deeper discounts on unsold cabins as a cruise date nears. Thoughts?

Archived