Thoughts or experience on upgrade from Cat 4 outside to balcony on Quest

cwuer

I know that this question has ben asked many times, but can someone clarify one more time the size of the outside cabins on deck four, are they 170 sq ft????? We have booked 7006 on Quest, so is it 170 plus ???:confused:

Thanks for any info!

We have 7007 booked and from what I can figure out, they are the same size as a balcony cabin (175) plus the veranda (40) which makes the room 215 sqft. Really looking forward to it!

Cheers

Would you mind posting your observations/opinion on this cabin after your cruise? What is the price difference if you were to upgrade the 1 more cat. to a veranda? Or do you just prefer the larger outside cabin to the veranda? I am looking at this same cabin but can't decide if I would rather have this large room or a veranda. This cabin is alot more than the lowest cat. oceanview cabins and only $100 PP less than a balcony.

Would love to have your opinion on the value of it post cruise.

I am looking at this same cabin but can't decide if I would rather have this large room or a veranda.

If there are just 2 of you, the 170 sq. ft. in the veranda cabin is quite comfortable, especially since there is so much storage space. If you are doing an itinerary where you'll be able to enjoy the verandah, I highly recommend having one vs. extra interior space...it's hard to beat being out on your balcony on a nice day, seeing, hearing and smelling the ocean.:)

We are in 7007 for our Apr/11 sailing from Singapore to Athens. Lots of sea days but the temp is also very hot outside, well into the 100's, India, Dubai, Suez, Egypt. I'm pretty sure we will not be outside much unless we are really close to the pool:D I think the A/C will be running overtime. Really like balcony's for the amount of viewing area but actually only use them occasionally. Those Cat 4 rooms are supposed to have a very large round window. Think during the 24 days we will really appreciate the extra room. We like to have people over for drinks before dinner and I think the extra room will be wonderful. There is also quite a difference in the price (new Cat 4) and verandah.

Don't know if this helps, but I'm sure you will have a great cruise which ever cabin you choose:D

We are in 7007 for our Apr/11 sailing from Singapore to Athens.
We're considering the 24-nite Quest sailing Singapore to Athens on April 12, 2011. I bookmarked it My Favorites on My Azamara so I could check regularly. Today I noticed that the sailing has disappeared from My Favorites & is gone from the website completely. It now only shows cruises up to March, 2011. Have you been notified of any change with this particular sailing? Or are my worst fears coming true & they've pulled the sailing to rejig pricing?

It dropped off My Reservations as well. Gave Captains Club a call and they scared the begezus out of me and transferred me to Azamara. Apparently there is a real demand for Dubai and they are looking at 2 x 12 night or something instead of a 24 night repo. Apparently our booking is ok but they are not taking any more and have closed the reservations until they get it sorted out. And they don't know when that will be but apparently we are ok. We doing B2B Hong Kong/Singapore/Athen so I am thinking happy thoughts and waiting!

Apparently there is a real demand for Dubai and they are looking at 2 x 12 night or something instead of a 24 night repo. Apparently our booking is ok but they are not taking any more and have closed the reservations until they get it sorted out. And they don't know when that will be but apparently we are ok.
Christine you were smart to book B2B as early as you did. I think you snagged a wonderful itinerary with good pricing. I'm very sorry we didn't deposit on it when we had the chance. And to think I had it bookmarked in My Favorites for weeks! We were waiting until after we sailed Azamara before we committed to another booking. Now I'll keep a very keen eye on this particular sailing & pounce when/if it becomes available again. Happy cruising - hope we get the chance to see you aboard! :):)

Archived