Cruise SPAM

ivywynne

Upon returning home from a Carnival Conquest Bahamas cruise, I counted 18 pieces of spam, listed below, after bringing everything home. This does not include handouts during the ship tour and port maps. There is also the possibility that I may have thrown some away instead of bringing it back home to write up this review. Most of these are inserted into the daily newsletter of the days events. I will also note that the daily newsletter also

repeats some event times in main descriptions and in the schedule, so you end up reading some things twice and missing other items you would have liked to know about. No reasonable person could possibly read all of this during the cruise and still enjoy other activites. Reading all the spam becomes activity itself. Is this what I paid for? Did I spend hundreds of dollars for a vacation of reading spam? Is there a "Do Not Spam" list I can opt in on? I am thankful that not every event included spam like the art auctions did.

CARNIVAL CRUISE SPAM

Carnival comfort collection (bedding)

Carnival Port Shopping Buyer's Guarantee (30 days, recommended stores)

Di Diamonds International (at Key West Store #1 on map)

Di Diamonds International (at Nassau Store #1 on map)

Di Diamonds International coupon for charm bracelet

Carnival Sea Miles MasterCard (two of these)

Carnival bathrobe & towel special

Carnival SPA - Key West Spa Specials

Carnival SPA - Freeport Spa & Save

Carnival SPA - Nassau Spa & Save

Carnival SPA - Last Day SPA Specials

Carnival SPA - coupon - Massage Mania

Carnival SPA - coupon - Cloud 9 Massage

Park West - The "Non-Boring Art Seminar"

Park West - Masters Art Auction

Park West - Grand Finale Art Auction

Carnival future vacations specials

I rate that stuff right along side of all the ads in the Sunday paper. If I don't want to read it, I don't and it goes to the recylcle box. Same with junk mail. But, it is not considered SPAM. it's advertising.

Now, real SPAM is a different story. I hate it. Both the email type and the edible one.............................:mad:

It probably took more time to type all that in than it would have taken to throw it away.

What's your point? Why would you want to bring something you did not want home?

There are people that buy the bedding I know. I have 2 pillows myself. (I did not buy them, they were a gift)

Are you talking about the "extra" stuff they include with the Capers? No one forces you to read that. And it doesn't fit my description of spam. All we can hope is that they properly recycle onboard. :)

I concur. I put the inserts in the capers in the same category as newspaper inserts, a necessary evil. Only takes a few seconds to put in the discard pile.

Oh my, they gave you spam on your cruise, stuffed in your Capers? Was it served like a sandwich or an appetizer? The things that you can do with spam, it never fails to amaze me. Stuffed Capers, who would have though it, only Carnival :D.

Archived