Snorkeling Grand Cayman...what to do with your things

sarahbento

I want to snorkel while in Georgetown but don't know what to do with our personal items while snorkeling. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do with our seapasses, wallets, clothes etc?

This is our first time and I am looking for advice.

Thank you

Where are you going to be snorkeling? If you're going to Eden Rock, I know they have lockers for rent at the Paradise Restaurant and also at the Eden Rock Dive Shop. That's were we're going so it's the main place I researched. We also each have waterproof pouches that we wear around our necks or around our waist. We keep our ship card, credit card, money and photo ID in. That way we only put our cloths in the lockers. We also connect our Crocs to our life vest and just snorkel with them. Those rocks can be painful on tender feet getting out of the water...

Hope that helps...

Mona

Thanks so much for the information. We are going to Edens Rock as well. The idea to attach your crocs is "genious" as they don't need time to dry and are super light.

I have never used the waterpouches. They really work? I don't want to leave my id's etc in a locker. Usually I have snorkeled at a beach where someone has staying behind and just watches our things so it just hit me that I had to plan better for this trip.

Your info was of great help.

Thanks

One of our pouches is called a Pak Pak, it's great, but they stopped making them. Or at least that's what I heard. Then we've got another kind, but I keep getting water in it http://www.waterproofcases.net/waterproof-wallets-and-pouches-aquapac-water-proof-pouches.html

I don't know if it's just me.... Then I just bought one of the hard plastic ones you see everywhere, the real cheap ones, cost like $6.99. I'm going to try it this trip. The stuff we put in them doesn't hurt if it gets wet anyway... Wet money still spends :). Yea, the Crocs work real well, you don't even know they're there. It wouldn't be so bad if someone stole our cloths, we could get back on the ship in our bathingsuits; but the thought of someone taking my shoes..... No Way :eek: And of course we have a waterproof camera, and it stays around my neck.

Mona

Archived