Hampton Inn Airport North Ft. Lauderdale

strawberrysally

We stayed there several times before our cruises. Next door to hotel there is a plaza where you will find everything you did; from fast food places to eat, liquid stores, and etc. Nice hotel too. Clean with wonderful staff. Have fun.

We stayed there several times before our cruises. Next door to hotel there is a plaza where you will find everything you did; from fast food places to eat, liquid stores, and etc. Nice hotel too. Clean with wonderful staff. Have fun.

That's wonderful to hear. We are booked into this hotel in February next year for our cruise.

If anyone can help with this question -

We want to go to Sawgrass Mills for the day. How can we get there without hiring a car for the day? I asked the same question over on the departure boards and was told there was no way. They advised not taking the bus because you go through gang neighbourhoods and it is too dangerous. Is this true?

How would you locals go to Sawgrass Mills if a car was unavailable?

Bus (if it even runs out there) would be VERY long. Our transit system stinks...You need to take a cab (about $30 each way) or rent a car.

MAYBE ask the hotel shuttle if they will take you...but I don't think they will...it is about 20 min.

We have booked this hotel for January 2010 prior to cruising and wanted to know if there was a liquor store or wine availability within walking distance to purchase? Not sure what is around there to walk to as far as picking up last minute purchases.

Some area stuff:

McDonalds (in the parking lot)

Across the street is a big plaza with:

Big Lots

A GREAT THAI resteraunt (don' let the looks fool you)

Winn Dixi

Wendys

Duncan Donuts

Some small shops - nothing great.

If you can get a lift - East on 84 is some additional resteraunts, diners, walgreens, etc. In partiular is a really good Old Fashion Italian place - Anthony's Runway 84.

Hope that helps.

Ira

That's wonderful to hear. We are booked into this hotel in February next year for our cruise.

If anyone can help with this question -

We want to go to Sawgrass Mills for the day. How can we get there without hiring a car for the day? I asked the same question over on the departure boards and was told there was no way. They advised not taking the bus because you go through gang neighbourhoods and it is too dangerous. Is this true?

How would you locals go to Sawgrass Mills if a car was unavailable?

You can often get super cheap hot car deals from the main car rental site on line about a week or two before your trip. I have got as low as $9 for the day in the Fort Lauderdale area. Certainly a car is the most pain free way of getting to Sawgrass Mills.

Thank you for the information. Someone else post that there was a liquor store there?

What is Winn Dixi?

Winn Dixi is a grocery store. When we stay at the hotel we grab some deli meats & bread; make sandwiches. Liquid store is in same plaza. Hotel does have computers in the lobby you can use. As soon as you can arrange your transportation to the port. I always call the am before the cruise to put my name on the list.

To return to the airport; grab a meter taxi (up to five people) for a $10.00 per trip.

The hotel has an excellent free shuttle service both to the port and airport, which we used after we turned rental car in to return to airport as well as to have transport to cruise terminal. We were quite pleased with the facility.

Archived