Formal Attire on the Radiance from San Diego

sharpie13

I noticed the following posted for the Mariner out of San Pedro:

Just back Sunday from the Mariner. Since a lot of people have asked about dressing for formal night, here are my observations:

We had early seating (6:00). In the main dining room on deck 3 (Rhapsody in Blue) I saw 4 men in tuxedos. Many men were wearing suits and/or sports jackets, some with shirts and ties, some in nice polo shirts, and one in blue jeans and a t-shirt. Don't know about the other two levels, but our table was in the back of the room, so we saw people going and coming.

Women: There was a mixed bag. Everything from long formals, to capri pants. If I were to guess, it was probably 40-60. Dresses versus pants. There were gorgeous gowns, dressy dresses, palazzo pants, slacks, and capris. Most all of the women who wore slacks and capris had a dressy blouse. I didn't see any polo or tee shirts.

Again, this was observed only in the main dining room at the early seating.

I was wondering if the same fomalware pattrens would be true for the Radiance. We sail at the end of October and have never left out of San Diego before. Thank you for your responses.

I noticed the following posted for the Mariner out of San Pedro:
Originally Posted by vegasres

Just back Sunday from the Mariner. Since a lot of people have asked about dressing for formal night, here are my observations:

We had early seating (6:00). In the main dining room on deck 3 (Rhapsody in Blue) I saw 4 men in tuxedos. Many men were wearing suits and/or sports jackets, some with shirts and ties, some in nice polo shirts, and one in blue jeans and a t-shirt. Don't know about the other two levels, but our table was in the back of the room, so we saw people going and coming.

Women: There was a mixed bag. Everything from long formals, to capri pants. If I were to guess, it was probably 40-60. Dresses versus pants. There were gorgeous gowns, dressy dresses, palazzo pants, slacks, and capris. Most all of the women who wore slacks and capris had a dressy blouse. I didn't see any polo or tee shirts.

Again, this was observed only in the main dining room at the early seating.

I was wondering if the same fomalware pattrens would be true for the Radiance. We sail at the end of October and have never left out of San Diego before. Thank you for your responses.

Yes, that is pretty much the dress pattern that we have seen on Radiance sailing out of any port and we have cruised on her 11 times to date.

Have a wonderful cruise on our most favorite ship.

Archived