Seattle Marriott or Edgewater

dawnprincess

Hi everyone,

Seattle is one of the ports on our upcoming Pacific Coast cruise. We will be doing the Show Me Seattle bus tour and have to meet at a hotel for pick-up. We will be docking at the Bell Street/Pier 66 location. I know both those hotels are close by but would you recommend meeting at one over the other? We will be on foot. Approx. how long would it take to walk? -- I realize they are very close. Thanks!!

Is it easy to walk across the street? Sounds like a silly question I know, but I read something about taking a Skywalk to cross the street to the hotel. So I guess my question is, is there a traffic light and it's a simple thing to cross the street? Or is it really busy to cross there? Or would it be easier to walk to the Edgewater on the same side of the street as the Pier? (Obviously we've never been to Seattle before in case my question sounds really dumb. :)) Thanks!

dawnprincess,

yes it is very easy to cross the street. There is a marked cross walk. The street has two lanes in each direction so it is not very wide, and it is not that busy compared to a major street.

The sky walk you refer to is connected to the building at pier 66 and it is used mostly to get up the hill into the city. I wouldn't walk to it to cross the strret. It would be easier to just walk across the street in front of the Marriott main entrance.

Archived