Cabo San Lucas, Mexico anybody know of a dive shop?

underseahunter

We were just there Fri. Sept. 4. We were on Carnival Splendor that did not go to PV or Mazantna, but did get to Cabo.

I made a bunch of inquiries with virtually all the dive shops there for myself diving and my wife and others snorkeling. Searched for reviews, and settled on Deep Blue.

One major reason was they had 100 cf tanks and did not charge extra when I requested it. I use up air fast that liked the fact they had those larger tanks. Another shop said all the shops there only had 80s, so I didn't go with that shop.

Deep Blue (owner Oscar) also quoted $10 per snorkelers and said they could be on the same boat, others quotes from $10 to $30 for snorkelers. The water taxis there would charge $10/p to take people to Pelican or Lover's beach.

When we got to Cabo, the waterfront was full of boats and people wanting to sell you scuba, snorkeling, or water taxi rides. We had to walk a longer way to hotel Tesoro to get to the Deep Blue shop.

When we got there, Oscar saw that my mother in law is an 80yr old woman. Oscar then said he could provide a separate boat to take the 4 snorkelers, and they will snorkel nearby our dive boat, and go to Pelican beach. Or they could come on the same dive boat too, and it will be a little more cramped but still doable. He just felt it'll be better for them to be on a separate boat, and not have the fear of someone dropping any heavy dive gear or weights on my MIL's feet. He said there's no extra charge for the snorkelers going on a separate boat.

They did decide to go on a separate. My wife later said it was good for Oscar to offer that to us, because it would be cheaper if he took all of us on the same boat, and he didn't have to get the extra boat for the snorkelers. Oh, Oscar's wife Sachiko (sp?) actually went on the boat with the snorkelers, to see they were ok, and went back with the boat after they were dropped off the beach. My wife, said that was unexpected, but nice of her to come along to see everything was fine.

--

For my diving, we went to Pelican Rock and the Neptune finger. They were both good dives, we saw lots of fish. There were several different largeschools at times, and saw lots of trumpet fish too. There was one DM for 3 of us, I guess the more experienced divers. Yayoi was a Japanese girl, and a good DM. There was another young couple, with another DM. It looked like they were new divers, and did not go too deep.

I'd highly recommend Deep Blue after that experience.

• 1 month later...

Archived