Is the Brittanica Restaurant on QV....

jax

The dining room is open for all three meals (unless it is embarkation). At Breakfast and dinner, you will be asked at the entrance "how many" and then shown to a table as ordered by the Maitre D'. It is a lottery where and with whom you will ead up.

Breakfast menu is the same every day, you may or may not think the selection "good" personally I find it "acceptable" BTW the rolls, pastries ar NOT warm, and rather obviously made the day before.

Lunch is the same as regards seating, the menu does vary each day, not very large but acceptable. I prefer the dining room to the Lido/Kings Court buffet, but that is my own choice, it is up to you to decide.

Breakfast menu is the same every day, you may or may not think the selection "good" personally I find it "acceptable" BTW the rolls, pastries ar NOT warm, and rather obviously made the day before.

Sorry Jimsgirl, you may have eaten a bad one but they are cooked fresh overnight, everynight and during the course of the day as required

When we went for breakfast or lunch in the Brittania restaurant you were asked how many in your group and then shown to a table with other passengers (great fun meeting other nationalities).You can also ask for a table for two if you want but there might be a small wait and has never been a problem (this is all on the QM2 but i assume its the same).

The cooked breakfast is superb (fantastic sausages ..english), i love eggs benedict which is also very good. The choice for breakfast is very good and more than "adequate". While the breakfast menu is the same every day the choice is immense. Jimsgirl ive had some adequate breakfasts in hotels but get real the choice is very good and well cooked.

Fred & Sian.

Archived