Buenos Aires Restaurants & Tango Shows

shifty

We will be arriving in BA on 2/1, staying in the Recoleta district & boarding the Insignia on 2/2, and need some advice on Tango shows and restaurants. We've pretty much decided to do them separately rather than go to a dinner/tango show.

We would appreciate any recommendations for an excellent, authentic Argentine restaurant.

Also, what is your advice for a non-dinner (i.e. drinks only) Tango show. Are advance reservations necessary? What is the price range?

Ideally, both will be near each other.

Thanks for any information you can provide.

Mike S

Mike,

Which hotel are you staying in?

Sorry, don't know the answers to your questions. I hope someone here pops in with some!

Hi. We're staying at the Park Elegance Kempinski, and flying down to BA from JFK on AA Flight # 955 leaving on 1/31.

Do you have similar travel plans (e.g. flight, ship, hotel)?

Mike S

Hi Shifty,

We are on the same cruise although we are flying down to arrive on 2/2.

I've been mulling and researching the same question; my decision is separate show & dinner also.

Our current plan is to have dinner at the La Brigada restaurant in the San Telmo district and then walk about 2 blocks to the tango show at El Viejo Almacen.

FYI, there is another moderately active message board for this cruise at:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Oceania-SA-2005reunion/

If you want to compare notes on plans, you can e-mail me directly at

avery@ccil.org

Less Than 1 month! Regards - Jon

Mike,

We flying down on 1/29, but with my new work schedule I'm trying to switch it to a day later to 1/30. So far, no seats available. Fingers crossed.

We're booked at the Kempinski Park Plaza though we were torn between it and the Park Elegance. Did you hear that the Plaza was better or in a better location than the Elegance? We'd be happy to change hotels if you've heard yours is better (and they still have a room). Both are about the same price.

We also considered switching to the Bel Air. That's supposed to be good too.

Have you heard of that one?

I really wanted the Alvear Palace, but not willing to spend $400. a night in BA for it!

Mike,

We flying down on 1/29, but with my new work schedule I'm trying to switch it to a day later to 1/30. So far, no seats available. Fingers crossed.

We're booked at the Kempinski Park Plaza though we were torn between it and the Park Elegance. Did you hear that the Plaza was better or in a better location than the Elegance? We'd be happy to change hotels if you've heard yours is better (and they still have a room). Both are about the same price.

We also considered switching to the Bel Air. That's supposed to be good too.

Have you heard of that one?

I really wanted the Alvear Palace, but not willing to spend $400. a night in BA for it!

Jane,

We heard about these hotels on this board, and have no idea which, if either, is better, so I can't suggest that you change.

We certainly agree that while the Alvear Palace sounds great, it's not worth spending so much extra for what amounts to a place to sleep. We heard that their brunch is fabulous, but since Ellen & I want to get to the pier around 11:00 AM, we'll pass on the brunch.

Hasta luego.

Mike

Jane,

We heard about these hotels on this board, and have no idea which, if either, is better, so I can't suggest that you change.

We certainly agree that while the Alvear Palace sounds great, it's not worth spending so much extra for what amounts to a place to sleep. We heard that their brunch is fabulous, but since Ellen & I want to get to the pier around 11:00 AM, we'll pass on the brunch.

Hasta luego.

Mike

We did the Chile to BA last March on the Amsterdam.We stayed at the Alvear Palace hotel,I must say that there brunch is fantastic.

We made our hotel resevation on Travelocity,last year room rate was $305.00 per nite.Any of the hotels you choose are very nice.And everything is within a $3.00 taxi ride.

Carol,

We're also booked at the Kempinski Park Plaza, but was considering Kempinski Park Elegance. It really was an eeny-meeny-miney choice. I wish I could get a handle on which one is either better or in a better location.

Anyone have a clue?

Archived