Questions for my cousin

Solo Cruiser

I don't have plans to cruise on this line but my cousin is booked on Odessy from Venice to Athens next month. This is her first cruise on Seabourn. Her question regards the electrical outlets and if they are the current we are used to in the States or if she will need a converter. On some of the more mass market cruise lines, outlets are at a premium and I always bring a surge protector strip so I can plug in my chargers and my blow dryer at the same time. Is this the case with Seabourn? Will there be sufficient outlets in the suite that she will not need a strip?

Thanks in advance for your replies. With all the information gathering I've been doing for her, I'm VERY anxious to try this line for myself one day.

I don't have plans to cruise on this line but my cousin is booked on Odessy from Venice to Athens next month. This is her first cruise on Seabourn. Her question regards the electrical outlets and if they are the current we are used to in the States or if she will need a converter. On some of the more mass market cruise lines, outlets are at a premium and I always bring a surge protector strip so I can plug in my chargers and my blow dryer at the same time. Is this the case with Seabourn? Will there be sufficient outlets in the suite that she will not need a strip?

Thanks in advance for your replies. With all the information gathering I've been doing for her, I'm VERY anxious to try this line for myself one day.

There is a regular outlet at the vanity @ the foot of the bed. She could bring a dual plug in if that is needed. I never bother..one works fine for my needs. Lola..[she is in for a wonderful treat]

Copied this from the most recent Odyssey trip report:

>"Electric sockets: In the room bar there is one (two-pronged UK type). In the hall vanity there are two, 1 UK type, 1 US type. In the bathroom there are two, 1 US type, 1 UK type (but the hair dryer that comes in the room has thicker than normal prongs and will not plug into the bathroom outlet - a safety issue we were told. Had the same issue at the Grande Bretagne pre-cruise). It will, however, accomodate an American hairdryer or shaver.

'

Archived