China question

Mayriver

i have e-mailed a friend of mine in Shanghai who runs a tour company to see if he has any free dates. When are you going to be there? His tours are absolutely fantastic and reasonably priced but he gets booked up. Stay in touch.

I asked my friend if he does special tours and here is his response.

He is a well known journalist who runs specialized tours in Shanghai. His specialty is tours of Jewish Shanghai and other ethnic areas. His tours are tailored to your desires though. If you are interested i will send you his email address. DW

Follows are the tours I am offering. Usually in Cruise days I am very busy. If there is a big group and I have no

prior bookings I can do something for them.

Cruise pax usually takes a full day with me.

Full day can be 8-9hrs.

The tour is price is 400 RMB per person with minimum of six participants that day. [usually tours are not exclusive].

Covered in the price are transportation, entry fees, and charity.

Transportation ordered according to the size of the group.

Tours normally begin at 10:00 am. Tours are offered every day of the week, rain or shine,

In case you had not arranged other plans I will be happy to advise you what to do and to see in Shanghai.

I do offer another half day unique tours. From the Very Old to the Very New - goes from Yu Yuan gardens through old Shanghai’s allies (through 2 antique markets and animal market) to the new area of Xin Tien Di, places that most tourist do not get to see however most interesting and authentic.

Wonders of the Modern Era - Bigger, Faster & Taller. take a view from the tallest tower of China, ride the Maglev - the fastest train in the world, climb the top of the arch of Lupo Bridge -110 meters over the Huang Pu river to see the 2010 World Expo construction site ( An all family half day exciting treats ).

Cooperating with our tour - Francine Martin provides a personalized & memorable shopping experience in Shanghai. Her extensive knowledge of the city will lead you to unique local and/or luxury shopping addresses. We get you to the best places in town and do our best to obtain the best possible prices.

The Frenchtown tour with Shanghai’s historical guru Ms. Tess Johnston is a half day architectural tour, covering some of the finest and/or most interesting old buildings in the former concession. These include lane housing, Art Deco apartment buildings, and historical villas of French notables and in the Soong family compound.

If you have any other questions or need special arrangements, please contact me. We can assure you that our 9 years of Shanghai touring experience will be the highlight of your trip to China.

Archived