Beach for snorkeling?

dotshub

Any suggestions about which beaches in Nassau are best for snorkeling? One in our party has the seasick problem on the smaller boats and catamarans so we would like to snorkel from a beach.

Sorry to say, there just isn't any decent snorkeling from the beach anymore. The reefs have been depleted for years due to construction and overuse.

You might try Seahorse Sailing adventure. it's a pretty big boat and I've never seen anyone get seasick on board.

www.seahorsesailingadventures.com

What about Deadmans Reef they have beach snokeling at Paradise Cove? I am going here because I have 2 kids 7 & 9 and the donn't want to go in the deep water first off a catamaran or boat. So here U can start shallow and as the get there courage U go deeper off shore where the action is. Everything I read about this place got good reviews for snorkling is this true or BS?:confused:

What about Deadmans Reef they have beach snokeling at Paradise Cove? I am going here because I have 2 kids 7 & 9 and the donn't want to go in the deep water first off a catamaran or boat. So here U can start shallow and as the get there courage U go deeper off shore where the action is. Everything I read about this place got good reviews for snorkling is this true or BS?:confused:

Deadmans Reef is in Freeport. I haven't been there for years, but heard it was pretty good.

The OP was asking about Nassau iwhich s 100 miles south on another island.

What about Love Beach for snorkeling and using?

Snorkeling at Love Beach is about 1/3 mile off shore. Not a reef near the beach.

The beach itself is hit or miss.. and usually hard to find since the entrance is usually over grown.

The beach is used for late nite parties and can be strewn with broken glass and bottles.. or clean and clear. NO telling which it will be. No amenities, restrooms etc.

Keep in mind that in these economic times, crime is on the rise. It's often reported that things are stolen from tourist on the beach and there are homeless and beggars around the public beaches as well.

I don't recommend going to any place/beach where you are secluded and alone. Love Beach included.

Archived