Jewel Class Mini Suite Best Loc For Quiet Ride

marklynpa

Considering a mini suite on the Gem for a transatlantic sailing. Have been on a cruise with a balcony below pool deck and heard noise from chairs dragging/and people enjoying the pool area. Wondering what the best locations are on Deck 11 that have the smallest chance of noise from above.

thanks!....Mark

Considering a mini suite on the Gem for a transatlantic sailing. Have been on a cruise with a balcony below pool deck and heard noise from chairs dragging/and people enjoying the pool area. Wondering what the best locations are on Deck 11 that have the smallest chance of noise from above.

thanks!....Mark

All the way forward between the AB suites;)

Either side of the ship would be fine because on the port side are conference/meeting rooms. But' date=' definitely the rooms nestled in amongst the AB's are not going to have noise from above early in the morning.[/color']

PE

No...not on the Gem and Jewel. The port side at this location is directly under the gym, and is possibly the noisiest location on this deck.

The previous post suggesting the starboard side is correct.

No...not on the Gem and Jewel. The port side at this location is directly under the gym, and is possibly the noisiest location on this deck.

The previous post suggesting the starboard side is correct.

You are correct. The Pearl also has the gym there. I had the Dawn in my head.

PE

I have stayed in both 11022 and 11020 on the Gem. Very quiet as they are under the library/card room! In fact my family loved those cabins so much we booked them again for our February cruise. Looked just like uneamie's picture posted above :)

Aside from it being nice and quiet.....did you like the location? We just booked a mini suite in that location as well, under the library starboard side. Was it fairly convenient to everything? I know you have to walk the length of the ship to get to the "Great Outdoors"...but considering it's a buffet the long walk will probably do us good. ha ha!

Also, did you like the "starboard" side? I think we did the "port" side on our last cruise out of NYC ....which is great seeing the city lights cause the ship in the winter usually leaves after dark....not sure what is on the "starboard" side to see.

Aside from it being nice and quiet.....did you like the location? We just booked a mini suite in that location as well, under the library starboard side. Was it fairly convenient to everything? I know you have to walk the length of the ship to get to the "Great Outdoors"...but considering it's a buffet the long walk will probably do us good. ha ha!

Also, did you like the "starboard" side? I think we did the "port" side on our last cruise out of NYC ....which is great seeing the city lights cause the ship in the winter usually leaves after dark....not sure what is on the "starboard" side to see.

The Statue of Liberty!

So it looks like we will have to go up to the "sail away" party.....if it's not freezing cold out, to see the city lights and take pics....:(

I'd rather have liberty for viewing on our way home instead....oh well. Hope the weather is good for a sail away party.

Going out of NYC we went up on deck 12 so we saw the city skyline from there. The other posters are right that you can see the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island from your balcony. On the way back into NYC you will be on the "right" side :) for viewing.

We loved the location. Those cabins are very convienient to the front stairs/elevators. The spa, gym and Spinnaker Lounge are close by. My husband enjoyed being able to go to the library quickly for books/trivia games/ and what he said was the best coffee on the Gem. The pool is very convienient.

The walk to the buffet was not far - up the stairs one flight, past the Library and the pool and there you are! In the evening, we very much liked the leisurely walk back from the dining room after the delicious (and filling) meal.

Going out of NYC we went up on deck 12 so we saw the city skyline from there. The other posters are right that you can see the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island from your balcony. On the way back into NYC you will be on the "right" side :) for viewing.

We loved the location. Those cabins are very convienient to the front stairs/elevators. The spa, gym and Spinnaker Lounge are close by. My husband enjoyed being able to go to the library quickly for books/trivia games/ and what he said was the best coffee on the Gem. The pool is very convienient.

The walk to the buffet was not far - up the stairs one flight, past the Library and the pool and there you are! In the evening, we very much liked the leisurely walk back from the dining room after the delicious (and filling) meal.

Thanks....it does sound like a great location and I am glad you mentioned the "coffee" cause I was wondering about that....hubby is a devoted coffee drinker and it looks like it just short walk down the stairs and there it is...probably faster than room service. :D

Archived