Vancouver, BC Hotel

dodieh

Hi..Since I have never used Priceline I decided to give it a try.. I would like to bid on a specific hotel (Hyatt Regency) and it seems you have to just bid in a category. Does anyone know how I can bid on a specific hotel?:confused:

Thanks........

You can't bid on a specific hotel as I understand the process. The best you can do is try to narrow down the list of possible hotels, by star rating and area so that you be happy with any one. I am far from an expert but I understand that Priceline and Hotwire may use different areas so this can sometimes help. There are sites that give you a lot of info to help your bidding including the likely hotels in the category. This is not perfect as we bid in Seattle and got a hotel that was not in the list. Probably a recent addition.

I am sure if you do a search for "Priceline" you will be able to identify the sites. I just can't remember the names at this point.

You can get lots of information about bidding. From what I understand if you bid for a four star in downtown Vancouver you will get a great hotel. I bid $70 for May 13 and 14 and ended up with the Hyatt, but there is no guarantee you will get the same hotel for the same bid. Additionally there is a good chance that if you waited for a month a lower bid might be accepted....I just bid now because I needed to make other travel arrangements and HAD to know which hotel we would be staying at. :)

Dodie: I used hotwire yesterday and chose the 4 star option and got the Hyatt for $100 a night on July 2. I picked the Vancouver West location to get it. I thought that was a good price and seemed less risky than what I might get with Priceline.

Deb

Go to Biddingfortravel.com and read the instructions for bidding. It may be confusing at first if you have never used Priceline, so you may want to discuss the info with a friend who has used the service. There is a section of the site which tells you which hotels you will most likely get in various cities. People also submit their bidding results so you can have an idea of what prices are being accepted for the various hotels.

I was really nervous the first time I tried Priceline, but now I use it on almost every trip and have never been disappointed. I figure a four-star hotels is going to be great, no matter what name hangs over the door.

Do a little research first on hotel and travel websites; you'd hate to bid $100 on a hotel only to find out there's an $89 special going on!

My DW and I will be arriving in Vancouver off the Summit on June 17th and are looking for info on a post-cruise hotel for one night before we return home. I see the suggestions above, but does anyone have any experience at various hotels there. We prefer 4 star properties when traveling on vacation. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Stretch

Archived