Halifax===car rental in october

mommyx2

• 2 weeks later...

I have rented an Enterprise car & they are not in the terminal. We live in PA & I called & got car for $60 for the day. Will be in Halifax Oct 8. They will PU at terminal & drop us off there. I am excited as this is the first car we have rented while cruising. My husband uses a cane & pwer chair on the ship so I think the car will enable us to see alot more.

I just returned from the five night Jewel of the Seas cruise to New England and Canada. One thing that no one mentioned on these boards (or at least I did not see) is that you are NOT allowed off the pier at Halifax on your own. All passengers are shuttled via buses out of the cruise port to Terminal 21 located outside the gated cruise port. I did not see any rental car offices there but I wasn't looking. You could probably google Terminal 21, Halifax and see what you come up with. There are many shops located inside Terminal 21. Have a great cruise.

I just returned from the five night Jewel of the Seas cruise to New England and Canada. One thing that no one mentioned on these boards (or at least I did not see) is that you are NOT allowed off the pier at Halifax on your own. All passengers are shuttled via buses out of the cruise port to Terminal 21 located outside the gated cruise port. I did not see any rental car offices there but I wasn't looking. You could probably google Terminal 21, Halifax and see what you come up with. There are many shops located inside Terminal 21. Have a great cruise.

It sounds like you were docked at a different location. The primary dock area is directly in front of Pier 21 and you simply walk off like anywhere else. If there are more than 2 ships in they use a secondary location that, while it is in the same general area, I believe that it's in a more industrial area. It sounds like they require you to be shuttled over to Pier 21 probably due to security. What you describe would not be the "norm".

There are no rental car offices right at Pier 21.

Does anyone know where I can find out which dock the Crown will use when we are in Halifax?

Most ships dock right in front of Pier 21. I don't know of any public information that specifies the location but based on your countdown clock it appears that there are only 1 or 2 ships when you are here and so you should dock right at Pier 21. Here is a link to the port schedule: http://www.cruisehalifax.ca/our-visitors/index.html

From the link it says that the Crown will dock on Oct. 28th at pier 22. How far away is that?

I guess that I didn't look at the detail on that link I gave you. :o

Based on what I read, it seems like you will be right at the main docking area. Pier 20, 21 and 22 are essentially one long building. It seems like the official docking areas are 20 and 22. The secondary position that is farther away seems to be # 31. If you look at the picture shown here: http://www.cruisehalifax.ca/our-port/index.html

you can see a smaller ship docked. It is located at Pier 20. Right behind it in front of the building with the Blue/Green stripe is Pier 21 and to the left of that is Pier 22. Essentially, the two ships in port would be end to end. I guess they don't officially dock at Pier 21 even though they are right in front of it. :confused:

The other docking area is located even farther to the left and around the corner of the dock shown. I hope that clears it up for you. Most the waterfront shops, etc would be along the waterfront in the right side of the picture.

I walk along this area every day at lunch and can even see my office in the picture. :)

Archived