Residency Rate?

fanfare

What is "Special Pricing - Residency Rate" when it is posted on the RCI website? When I go in to my Nov 15th AOS southern caribbean cruise on the RCI website to check prices, and choose "Ontario" as my home, this lower rate shows up for a different balcony class than I have reserved. Can I take advantage of this price? Does this residency rate apply to me?

What is "Special Pricing - Residency Rate" when it is posted on the RCI website? When I go in to my Nov 15th AOS southern caribbean cruise on the RCI website to check prices, and choose "Ontario" as my home, this lower rate shows up for a different balcony class than I have reserved. Can I take advantage of this price? Does this residency rate apply to me?

From my understanding, it applies to you. I saw a residency rate special for my cruise in 3 weeks (I live in the province of Quebec) and emailed my TA last night. ($360 savings for the couple). Since we are after the final payment then I expect to get an OBC.

A poster on my roll call for the cruise who is in Nova Scotia got the reduction yesterday.

Certainly call RC or your TA :D

sure sounds like it, get on the phone ASAP with whomever you booked through. Those special rates can disappear quickly so don't procrastinate

Thanks for the quick responses...my TA is not in for another hour - hopefully this will still be there.

R

Did the OP not say that the resident discount was for a different balcony class/category than they had booked? If so, they may not be eligible for the discount unless they are still eligble (and want to) change to the category with the resident's discount.

Or perhaps I'm TOTALLY wrong and COMPLETELY overanalyzing the question! :rolleyes:

sure sounds like it, get on the phone ASAP with whomever you booked through. Those special rates can disappear quickly so don't procrastinate

Ugh!! I didn't know there was a time limit on those rates. They don't post a "act by such-and-such date" message when the advertise the residency rate.

I've been looking at a certain cruise now for 2 weeks. I can save from $150 - $250 per person depending on the category. I guess I should make up my mind quickly.

I just noticed this for our Nov 29th sailing on the Serenade. My TA's office is closed on weekend so I am hoping I can still get this on Monday. I took a screen shot of the RCCL website but looks like I will be crossing my fingers and hoping I can take advantage of this.

Question for the TA's - have you seen these price drops disappear over a weekend before?

Archived