Wine Dinner @ Portifinos

We haven't done it on the Freedom but did do it on the Mariner and loved it. We had a concern that we would just be served a small glass of wine with each course but that was not the case - they kept pouring! We thought it was well worth the cost and we learned a lot about the wines and why they were paired with the specific food.

The lunch price was $49.50 (but also got a great tote bag and menu box) and dinner was $54.50, this is per person.

Wine and Dine Pairing Lunch:

1) Mediterranean Trio - Yellow Fin Tuna Carpaccio w/ginger, spiced Gazpacho with tomato granita, double-cooked parmesan and ricotta souffle with chive dip served with Danzante Pinot Grigio

2) Taste of Venezia - marinated and fried Calamari, Shimp Ravioli and Lobster with lemon butter served with Lindemans Bin 77 Chardonnay

3) Santorini Salad - classic Greek salad with Meridian Merlot

4) Valle d'Aosta Lamb - rack of lamb, mashed potatoes, fresh vegetables and rosemary sauce served with Stone Cellars Beringer Cabernet Sauvignon

5) Monte Carlo Finale - Crepes Suzette with Grand Marnier Sauce and home-style vanilla ice cream served with Errazuriz Sauvignon Blanc from Chile (we thought we would hate this sweet fine but it was unbelieveable, tasted like fresh grapefruits and sun!)

6) Finishing touches, a speciality coffee and petit fours

Wine Pairing Dinner:

1) Tuna Carpaccio and Tomato Tartare served with Danzante Pinot Grigio

2) Pan -Seared Bay Scallops and Lobster served with La Vite Lucente Sangiovese/Merlot Blend

3) House Salad

4) Roasterd Beef Medallions, parmesan custard, asparagus, sweet corn puree and golden shallot reduction served with Il Ducale Sangiovese, Ruffino

5) Marscarpone and Strawberry Crepes served with the Errazuriz Late Harvest Sauvignon Blanc

Coffe or Tea

These are what WE had and I'm sure they can and do change the menus from ship to ship and maybe cruise to cruise so don't expect the exact menus or you might be disappointed. Both meals outstanding and well worth the extra $ in our opinion. Just make sure you have most of your packing done if one of the lunches is offered on the last sea day, naps definitely in order after all that wine, lol...Hope this helps.

My wife and I enjoyed it enough on the Voyager back in March that we pre-booked for it on our next cruise to be sure we got a table. Very nice meal/event.

We book it on every cruise that has one and go to both the lunch and dinner one when it is offered since different meals. One of the many highlights of our cruises, imho

We did the wine and dine dinner when we were on the Freedom last November I have to say it was the best meal I ever had on a RCL cruise. From start to finish it was exellent and the service was first rate. I would do the wine and dine package again it was that good.

Archived