Best Flight from Kansas City to San Pedro/Long Beach

gracecarmo

I would like to avoid LAX if at all possible. Our cruise leaves from San Pedro. Also, I would like to have a non stop flight. In looking at flights, (from the San Pedro web site) Midwest Airline has a non stop flight going into Orange County (John Wayne airport).

Is Orange County too far from the port of San Pedro? Any other suggestions

for flights?

Thanks, Grace

Happy New Year Grace,

The closest airport to San Pedro is Long Beach. Don't know if you can get a non-stop into there from your neck of the woods. LAX is not far from the port. If you are arriving and departing on a weekend traffic between the port and aiport shouldn't be too bad. I worked at LAX for several years, but our main office was on Termainal Island. Unless there was an accident or was rush hour, I never thought traffic between the 2 points was a problem. You can hail a blue van/limo at the airport and arrange for them to pick you up on the return.

IMHO, Orange County/John Wayne is too far from the port and you are more likely to encounter heavy traffic than from Long Beach or LAX.

I haven't been monitoring the boards much lately. Been busy doing other things. Doris has been in the Ukraine 3 times since late Oct. She was an election observer. She left on the 29th and is making a pit-stop in Germany to visit her family and have her brother do some dental work.

Hope all is well with you!

Cheers--Joe

Joe: Thanks for the info. I think I will be satisfied now with flying into LAX, SWair, non stop. I have over a year to do this, as our cruise on the Summit, RT Hawaii is not until Jan 06. Still looking for something to do after the cruise, just to eat up the winter weather we may encounter here. Lois (mom of Dana) is going to visit Dennis and Gladys in Panama for 5 weeks. She will get an apt. there. I will be anxious to hear from her how she enjoyed it. That may be an option for us.

Sounds like Doris has had a busy winter. This last July, we took a riverboat from Budapest to the Black Sea, ending in Bucharest. It was a rather tiring trip, as in every port we had to take a long bus ride to see interesting places. Nothing at all like the riverboat trip from Vienna to Amsterdam. That was fun.

Snow and ice here today. I will be glad to get to the Caribbean in Feb. (B2B on the Summit).

Grace

Archived