Booking 2 inside rooms MUCH cheaper than 1 balcony room?

computerkitten

Is there a link to some pictures of the inside of a balcony room versus an inside cabin?

Thank you!

CK

i don't think you've mentioned which ship you're sailing on, but they're mostly the same. you can get general photos from the carnival site, and they're mostly the same (though on newer ships, like destiny, 'triumph', conquest, splendor, dream class) oceanviews are 220 sq ft... that actually would be the largest non-suite stateroom you'd get if you go the 1 room route.

here's an example from pride:

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/ships/carnival_pride/default.aspx?shipCode=PR

if it doesn't link directly, click on the tab 'staterooms' under the pic of the ship & intro...

interior cabins don't have couches, typically...

Okay so someone mentioned that the inside and balcony rooms are both 185 sq/feet but the balcony room has a sofa in it. Does this mean the inside room has no sofa at all?

CK

Iv never had a sofa except in some OVs on larger ships and the balcony cabins have them. Some have the convertible sofas and some will have a regular sofa that doesnt make into a bed.

Just remember you have to book a quad, so you will either have two uppers in the cabin, or some balconys have one convertible sofa and one upper. The cabin has to be a quad, even if you dont use the beds in it for the twins. (i.e. the cabin will have 4 beds PLUS the one or two cribs you are asking for). ... so you could have 6 beds actually in the cabin if you need two cribs. The upper bed will not be in your way, but the convertible sofa bed will be the size of a full twin. You can only book 4 people into a quad with 4 beds, even if you dont plan on using all the beds. (which is going to limit which cabins you can book if you decide to book one cabin).

As far as pictures... I dont remember you saying which ship this was one?? Which ship are we talking about? Well good night. Seems like you might want to think about this one for a while.

Okay so my husband is looking at the Carnival Glory.

I am not sure what you mean about how we would need to book a quad room. I am thinking I would have them in 1 pack-n-play now...they have napped in one together and I think we could get by.

your room needs to be categorized / rated for 4 passengers, regardless of whether you bring your own sleeping arrangements or not.

they won't book 4 of you into a room meant for 2 people, regardless of whether you need the beds or not. has to do with ship capacity, coast guard regulations, lifeboat capacity, lifejackets, things like that...

if you go the one room route, on glory, the OV cabins are 220 sq ft, so that gives you the most floor space in one room. but a balcony would be adequate w/ your one 'pack n play', and connecting interiors would give you an abundance of space... decisions, decisions ;)

if you wanna see some pics of the staterooms (general photos), click here:

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/ships/carnival_glory/default.aspx?shipCode=GL

then click 'staterooms' tab... you can also figure out the cost of each cabin type, by inputting number of passengers, then clicking on the fare option of your choice.

They are wrong about the size. Inside cabins are 185 sf; ocean view and balcony cabins are 220 sf.

BUT, balcony cabins on ships like glory (mentioned classes earlier) are a TOTAL of 220 sq ft. that's 185 sq ft cabin + 35 sq ft balcony = 220 sq ft total... so no, not wrong, if you're talking about cabin interior square footage.

BUT, balcony cabins on ships like glory (mentioned classes earlier) are a TOTAL of 220 sq ft. that's 185 sq ft cabin + 35 sq ft balcony = 220 sq ft total... so no, not wrong, if you're talking about cabin interior square footage.

The balconies are NOT included in the measurements. Otherwise an ocean view cabin would be larger inside than a balcony, and they're not.

My 8I on the Pride is 220 SF with a 60 foot balcony (extended aft).

The balconies are NOT included in the measurements. Otherwise an ocean view cabin would be larger inside than a balcony, and they're not.

that is incorrect, if you read that i specified... 'ships like glory', or earlier 'destiny, 'triumph', conquest, splendor, dream class ships'.

on those classes of ships, my statement is entirely accurate. standard interiors are 185 sq ft. oceanviews are 220 sq ft interior cabin space. balcony cabins are 185 sq ft room + 35 sq ft balcony = 220 sq ft total. on those classes of ships, the interior space of the oceanview IS larger than the interior space of the balcony cabins...

on pride, and other sprit class ships, standard oceanview cabins are 185 sq ft, but that's not one of the classes i noted...

sorry, that is incorrect also. here is the information regarding a standard 8I on pride... you didn't mention your cabin #, so this is just a sample cabin:

Cabin 8272 (8I OSTW) 185/60 sq ft

View: window and aft-view extended balcony

connecting balconies: no

take a look around this site if you'd like:

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/Carnival/fleet/spirit/cabin_description/panorama.htm

the same information is also available from carnival. in fact, that's where the linked web site got their info from...

For ship details regarding Glory, scroll down to the middle of this page.

btw, here's a pic that really illustrates very well how this works... i made this for someone previously who also told me i was wrong.... :rolleyes:

destiny-floors.jpg

see how the ship berth, total footprint of oceanview rooms on riviera, and total footprint of balcony cabins on upper deck - and indeed, even the hallways... line up?

this is true on the classes i mentioned. destiny, 'triumph', conquest, splendor, dream.

interiors = 185 sq ft total (all interior)

oceanviews = 220 sq ft total (all interior)

balconies = 220 sq ft total (185 sq ft interior + 35 sq ft balcony)

this is not true of spirit class ships... but i didn't say that, either. :cool:

Okay thank you for sending the link to the virtual tour of the Glory. I see I could possibly take the table out to put the pack-n-play so that would work!!!

Thank you so much everyone.

you're very welcome. let us know if you have further questions :D

and apologies for any perceived hijack here, but it was all relevant ;)

good luck! :)

Falkcor, if you don't mind my asking- why are you sailing out of Baltimore when you live in Houston? :confused:

LOL! fair question. i know it doesn't seem to make sense, when i can drive to a ship in about an hour...

but my family is from the northeast (new jersey / new york). there's more of them, than just me... so it's more convenient (and cost effective, when you start including flights for others) for me to fly there, and us all to drive together to the port... and along the same metrics, the cruises from galveston are always at a premium vs. almost any other port (say, except ny). the overall economics aren't worthwhile for US, when NE family are considered. and i got a KILLER deal on balcony cabins on pride for my sailing :cool:

plus, i've wanted to try out a spirit class ship since i first started looking at cruises :)

Which is the only reason I chose the Pride! Not needing airfare paid for that aft balcony. :D

exactly... for the saved airfare, we all got balconies for less than potentially even an interior if everyone flew to houston... or miami... or anywhere... carnival's smart like that. :D

but btw, spirit class ships, pride included, are a perennial favorite for many for a slew of reasons. so here's to hoping you enjoy it. she's a pretty ship.

PS - your cabin interior sq footage is 185 sq ft, eh? ;)

I havent been on the pride, but Im sure the inside of balcony cabins on Glory are 185 s.f. inside plus the balcony...

If I were you Id go check on cruisedeckplans.com for the inside measureements on the pride... sounds to me like you are confused, not the others posting. Im not aware of any ships on Carnival with balconies that are larger inside than 185 s.f.

As I said Im sure about Glory, and the 220 s.f. is total s.f. counting the standard balcony. The OP needs to put a pack n play into a quad balcony on the Glory.

Archived