Freedom Past Quest Party and pin . . .

ladycaveat

I read a couple of posts on here earlier that said Carnival was doing away with the Past Guest Party (comp. beverages and munchies . . . not to mention the pin). Maybe some of the ships are doing this but the Freedom was not. I just got home from the Freedom's September 6th sailing and the Past Guest Party (and pin) were given as usual. :p

I read a couple of posts on here earlier that said Carnival was doing away with the Past Guest Party (comp. beverages and munchies . . . not to mention the pin). Maybe some of the ships are doing this but the Freedom was not. I just got home from the Freedom's September 6th sailing and the Past Guest Party (and pin) were given as usual. :p

Apparently the change happens this week...at least from what I have read on the boards.

I guess those of us on CC will be trading pins until we hit platinum. Otherwise it sounds like pins will be available for sale in the gift shops.

I hope you enjoyed the Freedom.

I followed your Pride roll call over a year ago...as we were following very shortly after.

We enjoyed the Freedom but still prefer the Spirit Class.

Let me know what you thought of it.

There is no change to the Past Guest party on any ship except there will be no more pins. Only Platinum will receive the pins for free but the Carnival Liberty didn't have any this past week. All non platinum will be able to purchase the pins in the gift shop. I guess the ships will have to re-stock to do this.

The Captain's party on the first formal night has the changes. Starting this week there will be no more free drinks but drinks will be discounted by $1 at any bar along the Promenade I think. I also don't think the Captain will be there but will be introduced before the shows. There will be a farewell party on the last night with free drinks for one hour. This is supposed to be in effect starting this week.

Supposedly Carnival is getting "great reviews" of this new way of doing things but I don't think they've actually talked with anyone since this doesn't sound too popular to me.

I think everything takes effect the next couple of weeks. As for the pins, they said they were using up the current stock on hand.

Fleetwide rollout is Sept 12th. This ONLY affects the Captain's reception. The past guest party is not affected. You will have three hours where you will have $1 off on drinks at all the bars. On the last seaday, there will be a farewell party from 5-6pm that will offer free drinks.

Dave

Archived