Proposal while on the Princess Cruise South Pacific 17/12/09 from Syndey

chloecruise1

Hi there,

Does anyone have any ideas re: proposal while I am on this cruise. Possibly in Isle of Pines? Any ideas would be appreciated as I am trying to plan something but am not sure of what to do there as last time we were there we just relaxed in the water. Would prefer a more private proposal. Any other ideas would also be appreciated!

Hi there,

Does anyone have any ideas re: proposal while I am on this cruise. Possibly in Isle of Pines? Any ideas would be appreciated as I am trying to plan something but am not sure of what to do there as last time we were there we just relaxed in the water. Would prefer a more private proposal. Any other ideas would also be appreciated!

What ship?

Do you have a balcony? If so, maybe surprise them with a sunset Ultimate Balcony Dinner as your pulling out of a port, let them get dressed up for dinner, and stall until the waiters get there, let them in and propose on the balcony over desserts, champagne and a sunset backdrop. (sigh:rolleyes:)

Balcony balcony balcony balcony

this is my first cruise coming up with no balcony

will I make it home with my sanity?!?

My fiance and I had plans of getting engaged on the Sun Princess on our South Pacific cruise last year - he couldnt' wait that long and we were engaged a few months earlier. However, had he of proposed on the boat it would have been while having the balcony breakfast which was a great experience.

Which ports are you visiting? We did the Amedee Island shore excursion and had a near perfect day - there would be lots of oppurtunity during that day for quiet private romantic proposals.

Whatever you decide, good luck and best wishes. We're now celebrating our NYE wedding with a cruise for our honeymoon.

I'll suggest the balcony intimate dining experience or pop the question at a famous landmark on one of the islands...the former would be more controlled, that latter spontaneous, so it depends what sort of surprise you want to achieve.

I thinks it's a beautiful idea. Wish you both all the very best.

Cheers,

Anna

Hi chloecruise1,

My now husband proposed to me , on the Sun Princess last year , we were having a balcony dinner ,it was just amazing , noticed on another post that you don't have a balcony , I am sure you could borrow one from a fellow passenger if you explained , or have dinner Steakhouse , looking out to sea , you could get the staff on side and get them to serve a plate with "will you marry me" .

There is so many places onboard that you could propose, on Isle of Pines there is a resort , maybe in there courtyard , you could arrange something over the internet, but keep in mind it one port that is missd sometimes, it took me 3 cruises before I finally was able to get there.

Best of luck.

Do you have a balcony? If so, maybe surprise them with a sunset Ultimate Balcony Dinner as your pulling out of a port, let them get dressed up for dinner, and stall until the waiters get there, let them in and propose on the balcony over desserts, champagne and a sunset backdrop. (sigh:rolleyes:)

While it would be nice, I don't think the UBD is offerred on sailaway nights.

Ciao for now!!!

Archived