How long does it take to get a passport

C. Anne

On the passport website it says to allow 10 weeks in busy/summer seasons. We are cruising the 1st week of November, so we have 6 weeks. Is that enough time to get passports?

Thanks,

C.Anne

Our friends recently applied for their passports in mid August and received them back in under 3 weeks. I would fill out the application on line today, print it out and go get your photos. Be at the post office tomorrow morning and you should be fine. The longer you delay the more your chance increases you won't have it in time.

The estimates on the government website are just that -- estimates. Applicants have reported shorter times, and longer times. Someone else's anecdotal experience is not predictive for you. Remember that you are dealing with government clerks sitting in cubicles with stacks of applications.

You can pay extra to expedite the process or take the risk that your passport will be the one that takes longer than six weeks.

I put my application in on Aug 19th and got it back on Sep 12th. My DH did his in April and it took 4 weeks. I have friends that also got theirs in 4 weeks. They sent them in back in July. I would do it now so you don't have any problems. Take a copy of the front and back of your drivers license. The clerk will like you for it so they don't have to do it.

On the passport website it says to allow 10 weeks in busy/summer seasons. We are cruising the 1st week of November, so we have 6 weeks. Is that enough time to get passports?

Thanks,

C.Anne

I went to the postoffice and turned our in Friday afternoon. I think you need to get down there ASAp just to be on the safe side.

BTW- we are going on our cruise the 2nd week of Nov on the 9th. We were told 4-6 weeks.

Archived