Romantica on the Indian Ocean

stringo

I have spotted a good deal for a trip on Costa Romantica from Mauritius in January 2010. However, reading the Costa reviews I am a bit wary of booking :(. I have cruised a few times on various lines and have loved every trip so I would like to ensure that booking with Costa would mean the same. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to have a table for two in the main dining restaurant ( anti social I know).

The other thing to consider is the weather in the Indian Ocean in January - if its cyclone time then pehaps this is why the price on offer is so good!!!!

Any comments would be much appreciated :)

I have spotted a good deal for a trip on Costa Romantica from Mauritius in January 2010. However, reading the Costa reviews I am a bit wary of booking :(. I have cruised a few times on various lines and have loved every trip so I would like to ensure that booking with Costa would mean the same. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to have a table for two in the main dining restaurant ( anti social I know).

The other thing to consider is the weather in the Indian Ocean in January - if its cyclone time then pehaps this is why the price on offer is so good!!!!

Any comments would be much appreciated :)

It is possible to have a table for two in the main restaurant, after you have booked you will either get a form to fill out by post or you can do that on line. Details such as passport information, next of kin, also what your dining preferences are 1st or 2nd sitting and table size 2, 4, 6, or 8.

Costa tends to avoid area where there are seasonal storm i.e. Costa only cruises in the Caribbean from December to Arpril thus missing the Hurrican seaon June to November. Check the Web for storm sesaons and areas in the Indian Ocean.

Just one point, after the Indian Ocean cruises the Romantica will be reposition to the Far East (Singapore) in March 2010. Every Costa ship that has done this trip has had major probelms just before and during repositioning.

Rumour has it that the Costa Victoria will be doing the Maurtiius cruises in 2010 / 2011.

But personally I would do it if it is such a bargain.

Ron

• 1 month later...

We are looking at the Romantica 27 Mar 2010 from Mauritius to Singapore, 21 days. Might be a once in the lifetime kinda cruise. Sounds like it might be more of an adventure than a cruise. I'm up for it! Anyone else?

Costa tends to avoid area where there are seasonal storm i.e. Costa only cruises in the Caribbean from December to Arpril thus missing the Hurrican seaon June to November. Check the Web for storm sesaons and areas in the Indian Ocean.

not entirely. allegra has been sailing during typhoon season and battered around quite a bit according to other posts. i am grateful i had good weather in aug/sept.

not entirely. allegra has been sailing during typhoon season and battered around quite a bit according to other posts. i am grateful i had good weather in aug/sept.

There have certainly been a lot of storms in the Far East this year.

Costa can probably get strom insurance cover in the Far Aest but not in the Caribbean.:cool:

Ron

• 10 months later...

We sailed this itinerary on the Costa Marina 2 years ago and loved it. We are now booked for the February 6th sailing to do it again. The last time the ship left Mauritius a couple of days after a cyclone had been through, and we had a second cyclone not far behind us as we returned to Mauritius, so the water wasn't clear for snorkeling and we did experience some pretty big seas, but still had a great trip. Book it, you will truly enjoy it- especially the Seychelles.

Carol

Archived