Alcohol questions

J-Hawk

I am a new cruiser to Carnival. I have read that we can bring a twelve pack or two of soda onboard. I am wondering about alcohol. What do they allow people to bring onboard with their luggage? Do they allow you to keep in your stateroom what you buy in port or do they store it for you until the end of your cruise?

I am a new cruiser to Carnival. I have read that we can bring a twelve pack or two of soda onboard. I am wondering about alcohol. What do they allow people to bring onboard with their luggage? Do they allow you to keep in your stateroom what you buy in port or do they store it for you until the end of your cruise?

One bottle of wine p/p.

My DH and I were in port and we brought two bottles of wine and a 6 pack of Alaskan Beer on board. They did not say anything, and we went on our merry way. There is a fridge in the Staterooms that you can keep them in.

They can and have confiscated the alcohol and give it back to you when you leave the ship.

Carnival allows 1 bottle of wine pp to be carried on.

All alcohol bought in port or on board will be stored until the end of the cruise.

Many people bring alcohol in their bags anyway. (see rumrunners)

Does anyone have the rumrunners website?

Each adult can carry on a bottle of wine.

Your cruise contract says no other alcohol upon embarkation. Lots of people bring it anyway (check out the smuggling threads).

Alcohol purchased in port may be confiscated and returned to you at the end of the cruise.

Funny thing...once in barbados I saw a guy stick a bottle of liquor down the back of his pants and he proceeded to walk onboard very difficultly (is that a word) anyways...best laugh I ever had and he was plastered and they let him through.....I guess they thought his gait was due to the alcohol consumed not due to it's lodgings......he he....

J-Hawk.. we are on the Valor at the same time.. As you now know Carnival "allows" 1 bottle of wine per person. There are numerous threads and posts on smuggling. How to do it, etc..

I have been on several cruises and have packed a few pints of liquor and have been fine. Worse case scenario is they find it in your checked bag and throw it out. Earlier this year on the Glory along with our wine we took a pint of rum and a pint of scotch. Our room steward kept everything on ice for us. Tip them and they will take care of you.

Archived