Question about adding people to an existing reservation.

DonnaK

We are booked on the CB for July 2010. We are paid in full already, and have a refundable $2600 OBC per cabin because we accepted a move over offer for a cruise that was supposed to take place July 2009. We currently have 3 minisuite cabins for 5 people: two doubles and one single. We paid twice the fare for the single cabin.

Now we want to add two people to our reservation, and are trying to figure out the most cost effective way to do this. It is particularly important to us to lay out as little money as possible (for deposits) now, since the cruiseline already has our full payment, and they are holding such a large quantity of our money as OBC.

If I add one of the people to the single cabin, will it be considered "even" since we've already paid a 200% single supplement? Or, since the cost per person has nearly doubled since I booked, would we have to pay the going rate? (We paid $1299pp double occupancy, and $2598 for the single. Now, the fare is $2345pp double occupancy)

If I add the two people to an existing double, as 3rd/4th passengers (for $1299 each), would I have to pay a deposit for them, considering that the cabin is already paid in full...or will that suffice until final payment is due and then I'd just have to pay the new balance? (yes, the cabin we have accomodates 4 passengers).

Alternatively, if I book them into their own inside cabin across the hall, for a 9 day cruise, what is the standard deposit rate?

I think it would be best to address this with your TA. You are getting into some areas that few of us visit.

Also, there is a maximum passenger capacity for each ship. It is less that the total number of bunks. so you may want ot move on this before the ship sells out.

When adding a 3rd or 4th person this is dependant on the capcity of the cruise so just because there are cabins with 3rd and 4th berths does not mean you will be able to add them anytime. Do it early.

Also remember that the 3rd and 4th once added to a cabin can be canceled anytime without penalty even after final payment as long as the first 2 in the cabin remain the same.

With the single, you should be able to add another person (as long as the ship isn't sold out as others have said). That 2nd person in the single would be covered in the cost of the cabin but subject to port charges. They did have to pay a small deposit of $100 because I had booked with an FCC. In my case, this was done before final payment so the deposit was necessary. I would definitely call your TA or the cruiseline if you booked directly. Good Luck!

When adding a 3rd or 4th person this is dependant on the capcity of the cruise so just because there are cabins with 3rd and 4th berths does not mean you will be able to add them anytime. Do it early.

Also remember that the 3rd and 4th once added to a cabin can be canceled anytime without penalty even after final payment as long as the first 2 in the cabin remain the same.

I didn't know that about the 3rd or 4th person and being able to cancel without penalty. Thanks!

I didn't know that about the 3rd or 4th person and being able to cancel without penalty. Thanks!

I didn't know this either!

I did know that the 3rd/4th should be added early, because the ship is capacity controlled.

Thanks for all the helpful comments/advice!

Archived