Does the Legend come back under the Skyline Bridge?

Delta Dear

I have read about sailing under the Sunshine Skyline Bridge when you are leaving Tampa on the Legend. Since we are doing main dining at 6:00, it sounds as if we will be at dinner when it goes under.

Does the ship come back under on the return ? What time in the morning will that be? I am claustophobic, so am not sure if I want to experience that or not. LOL, I duck when I go under a regular overpass.

Maybe I'll depend on pictures from someone else.

It has to go under the Bridge to get into the Port. I think it docks before sunrise. We are leaving on the Inspiration on Nov 2 and have early dining and missed it last time so we are doing Buffet on the first night in order to see it.

I have read about sailing under the Sunshine Skyline Bridge when you are leaving Tampa on the Legend. Since we are doing main dining at 6:00, it sounds as if we will be at dinner when it goes under.

Does the ship come back under on the return ? What time in the morning will that be? I am claustophobic, so am not sure if I want to experience that or not. LOL, I duck when I go under a regular overpass.

Yes it does go under the bridge and it is during the early dinning, providing the ships departs on time. At least it did last year when we were on it. We were kind of bummed out because we wanted to be on the top deck when we went under. I didn't pay any attention to what time it was when we returned but I can't imagine getting claustrophobic just from going under it. The ship is large but the bridge is larger. It's actually pretty cool. We took pictures of it in the dinning room, we had a window table. FYI.. It's the Sunshine Skyway.

When we were on it last year around Thanksgiving, we went under it about 4-4:30am...Long night of partying with the wife and friends. We were the "only" two on the upper decks, besides one staffer who took a couple of pictures of us. Totally worth staying up for.

When we were on it last year around Thanksgiving, we went under it about 4-4:30am...Long night of partying with the wife and friends. We were the "only" two on the upper decks, besides one staffer who took a couple of pictures of us. Totally worth staying up for.

Agreed! We were up waiting to get pictures of it, at about 3:30am, on ours 3 years ago on Miracle.

Yes, The Legend comes back under the Sunshine SkyWay Bridge. It usually takes 2 hours and a few minutes from the time it pulls out from the port. Returning is early in the AM, you may ask the CD, or I imagine someone will answer your question. The last time for us it went under at 0435, but that was awhile ago.

Thank you for enjoying our bridge! It is as much fun going over the bridge as when a cruise ship goes under.

Susan

We were on the Miracle and had a medical emergency onboard and the Captain said we will arrive back to Tampa 12 hours early. We were having dinner when we went under the bridge and at some point we passed another ship that was headed out to sea. Looking out the dining room window that other ship appear to be less then 50 feet away.:eek:Discharge of passengers began as normal the next morning.

We were on the Miracle and had a medical emergency onboard and the Captain said we will arrive back to Tampa 12 hours early. We were having dinner when we went under the bridge and at some point we passed another ship that was headed out to sea. Looking out the dining room window that other ship appear to be less then 50 feet away.:eek:Discharge of passengers began as normal the next morning.

That's very likely that the ship was quite close, because the shipping channel is very narrow all the way up Tampa Bay. It's so narrow under the bridge that only one ship can pass through at a time. Most of Tampa Bay is very shallow.

Archived