Star Flyer July 5th Cruise Tahiti Clipper Ship

SKYHALL

We were on the cruise as part of a graduation present for my daughter's high school grad present. We had a great time and met some great people. However, I have lost most of the email addresses I collected. I would love to hear from anyone who was on that cruise with us. We were the mother/daughter from North Carolina.

Also, if anyone has questions about the cruise, ship, excursion, islands etc., I would be happy to answer them for you.

We are booked for early winter and have a couple of questions on the ship itself. We have done Windjammers so the sailing part isn't a problem but we are usedc to having to tak a lot of amenities so wondering if some are included since this is a bit more upscale.

So, what about:

Beach towel?

shampoos/bath amenities?

hairdryer in bathroom (thought I saw one in a picture)?

Did you have much time on Tahiti do any siteseeing or walking around town? Seems like other than the market, Sundays may be pretty locked up?

Thanks for any info,

AJ

I think you will find the Star Flyer to be a moderately upscale ship. They have all the modern amenities that you would expect in a good hotel (except dry cleaning, food service in your cabin, and hair care). I've been on Windjammers as well and the Star Flyer is fabulous by comparison. Anyway you will find a hair dryer, shampoo, beach towels, etc. in your cabin. There are also plenty of beach towels located on deck nearby to the swimming pools. The main thing about the Star Flyer is the sailing experience. Some of their stops/tours are breathtakingly beautiful.

Star Flyer coordinates its departures with arriving flights so you go right from the airport to the ship. If you want to spend some time in Tahiti, you will need to make arrangements to come a few days early or stay later. If you make your travel arrangement thru Star Clippers, they will charge extra (deviation fee of $100 pp) plus the cost of a hotel room. You may also have to pay for your own transfer(s). Papeete is really a one or two day type destination (round the island tour, visit the musems, dinner at one of the roach coaches on the main dock, etc.). If you want to stay longer, Moorea is a really good choice (11 miles from Tahiti and easily accessible by ferry).

We expected it would be a bit "more" but just not sure on the details so thanks for the info. For the record we've done upscale vacations and simple as well and did really enjoy the simplicity and friendliness of Windjammer. Hopefully, we do get a bit of that ease with this trip and not too much stuffiness.

Our flight actually gets in to PPT the day before - we booked as part of a deal and this was included. Actually a good thing coming from our part of the states (north) in the winter. I would never try a flight with connections from here and cut it close on anything not staying in one place. Too many flight/weather issues.

-AJ

when do you sail? My husband and I are on the 8 Nov sailing, can't wait. We have done Windjammer before too. We have been on the Royal Clipper and loved it. Much nicer than Windjammer.

We aren't going till Dec.

Have fun and be sure to do a trip report!

-AJ

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! We will be right between you two. We are doing the 26,Nov 2009 Tour for 10 Days. WE've been on the Star Clipper and the Royal Clipper in the Caribbean. We'll be staying in Papeete for 4 Days before the Tour.

Our leg before the Sailing is a long flight. We are leaving Germany on the 20th, staying in LA for a day and then flying to PP. No good getting on a sailing vessel right after a 20 Hr flight!!!

Ahoy

muskatnuss:

My wife, Linda, and I will be joining you on the Nov 26th sailing. We've done more than a dozen big ship cruises but nothing compares to our experience sailing the Caribbean on the Royal Clipper. We are look forward to the sailing experience again.

Bob Foltz

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Bob

Will hold up a sign "BOB & LINDA" :D . Wish you a good trip over. When are you arriving in PPT?

When can we get on board?

Ciao!

We are arriving at 6:30 a.m. (cruise line air out of LAX) and Star Clipper will be taking us to the Radisson for the day. We were told we'll be leaving the hotel around 3:00 or 4:00 p.m. for the ship.

Bob Foltz

• 1 month later...

Archived