Any New reviews on zip-lining excursions?

RCCFAN

We are looking into; costa maya tours, the Native choice and The Bio/canopy Experience offered through RCL. Native Choice is $105. pp and the others $89 pp, I've read great things about Native Choice, but we're a party of 12, so every penny counts :rolleyes:.Many of the posts are from a while back so I'm looking for some more recent reviews.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have you ever done a zip line? If not, when you are looking at them, make sure that they have the handle and brakes on the thing they attach you to go down the line. When we did it in Costa Rica, we had to use our hands to brake (we had gloves) and could only hold on with one hand. Although that doesn't sound like a big deal, trust me, it is.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, we did the Bio Maya zip line trip on our recent cruise on the Glory. Booked with costamayatours for $89.00 each. Included taxi to and from, zip lines informatve walk thru the forest and a snack. No brakes and no grabbing the cable. The guys do all the work for you. You are just there for the ride. It ended up being a private tour with just the two of us. We had alot of fun. Take bug spray.

Here is our Glory cruise video with pictures from the zip line tour.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1094610

• 4 weeks later...

We did not go to town, but the driver would have dropped us off there if we wanted to go. Had about 2 hours after the tour. It's a long ride to and from the zips. After a little shopping and an ice cold Sol we were ready to get on the board.

Hi, we did the Bio Maya zip line trip on our recent cruise on the Glory. Booked with costamayatours for $89.00 each. Included taxi to and from, zip lines informatve walk thru the forest and a snack. No brakes and no grabbing the cable. The guys do all the work for you. You are just there for the ride. It ended up being a private tour with just the two of us. We had alot of fun. Take bug spray.

How long is the taxi ride for the Bio Maya zip line tour? Did you enjoy this excursion and feel like they were safe?

We met Otto about a block outside the gates of the pier. Otto did not go with us, he just arranged everything.

The taxi ride was about 1 hour and 15 minutes each way. Bio Maya is just past the turn off for the ruins (we went there last time).

The driver was very friendly. He even stopped and bought us some fresh pineapple on the way back.

We had a GREAT time and never felt unsafe at all.

We met Otto about a block outside the gates of the pier. Otto did not go with us, he just arranged everything.

The taxi ride was about 1 hour and 15 minutes each way. Bio Maya is just past the turn off for the ruins (we went there last time).

The driver was very friendly. He even stopped and bought us some fresh pineapple on the way back.

We had a GREAT time and never felt unsafe at all.

Thank you for the feedback! Did you book Bio Maya through your ship or on your own? There are several ways to book Bio Maya and I want to find the way with the least amount of people so that we are not waiting too long for the zip lines.

Carnival does not offer the zip lines in Costa Maya, or at least they didn't when we went. We booked with costamayatours dot com. We paid a deposit online and the remainder when we met Otto. There was a local tour just behind us of about 20 people. They only had one bi-lingual guide so we ended up having a private tour with him. We did purchase the picture package. I thought it was overpriced. I offered them much less. They said no and I walked off. They came back to me with a counter offer that I accepted. They do take allot of photos and put them on a disc while you wait. The whole staff was very friendly and safety oriented.

Originally Posted by Raceroc viewpost.gif

• 9 months later...

We did bring our camera but they would not let us use it. They kept trying to take it away. I told them no, I would hold on to it and not use it.

We purchased the picture package. I don't recall the exact amount but it was not nearly what they asked. They told me the amount something like $80.00 I walked away... They chased me down and we settled at half price for the whole package.

Have FUN!!!

• 1 month later...
I'm looking for more current reviews on Zip-lining tours in Costa Maya. There seems to be a couple but would like to narrow our search to one. Thanks for any input.

I am wondering how your zip lining went and who did you use?? I have been researching this as well for our March 2011 cruise.

Archived