Guest pick up at Fort Lauderdale

PattiHere

I have friends from the west coast that will be ending their cruise in Fort Lauderdale. My husband and I will be meeting them and spending time in southern Florida for a few days.

I am just wondering if there is an area for cars that are picking up passengers from cruise ships? Would anyone be able to give me information regarding this. Thank you. The cruise line is RCCL.

Well it's very crowded in the terminal areas, there are a couple of places near the terminals RCI uses where you could possibly park and wait, but no guarantees there will be an empty space. It's pretty much a zoo with people, cars and busses everywhere.

It might be better/easier to wait outside the port area and have them call you when they're off the ship. You'll have to show your ID and tell the police at the port entrance where you're going and why.

We always have a friend drive us to the port and pick us up. There is an area at each terminal for private car pickup. On RCCL Navigator and Enchantment, we go outside, turn left, and walk all the way to the end of the terminal. I'm sure that each terminal has an area for this. It is separate from the cab line. We just bring our cell phones and call our friend while we are walking off the ship and tell him to come and get us.

We always have a friend drive us to the port and pick us up. There is an area at each terminal for private car pickup. On RCCL Navigator and Enchantment, we go outside, turn left, and walk all the way to the end of the terminal. I'm sure that each terminal has an area for this. It is separate from the cab line. We just bring our cell phones and call our friend while we are walking off the ship and tell him to come and get us.

Thank you for your replies.

Will we have a problem getting into the port to pick them up because of security? Will there be someone there to direct us as to where to park?

Thank you for your replies.

Will we have a problem getting into the port to pick them up because of security? Will there be someone there to direct us as to where to park?

You just show your ID (for everyone in the car) at the security gate, and tell them where you are going and they will direct you. Instead of parking, it would be better to just pick your friends up at the curbside. Like TrentS suggested, it would be best to park in a lot somewhere outside of the port and have your friends call you when they are ready.

Archived