So sad now :'( Cruise is over.

SJChaput

After a year of planning and anticipation our first ever cruise and honeymoon is over.

We were on the Legend on Sept. 6th.

We had a great time, everything was wonderful... I am having a bit of trouble coping with it all actually being over (wedding included).

We are trying to figure out how to afford to go on a cruise again before too long.

What a great time it all was, ports of call were amazing, the weather was amazing, the seas were (generally) calm.

I just wish I could go back in time 1 week and do it all again :'(

Anyone else here who was aboard that ship with me?

Congratulations on your marriage! It's sooo depressing to have post cruise blues. One of the best parts (for me) about cruising is all the planning that goes into! I imagine not only do you have post cruise let down, but after all that wedding AND cruise planning it must be a little strange to have extra time on your hands!

Like others said, perhaps you can put a deposit on your next cruise and send payments into Carnival each month to pay it off. Maybe you could even book an anniversary cruise and start the planning now:)

I'm in the same boat with ya, no pun intended. Our cruise ended Saturday and I'm sooooo in the dumps today.

All morning instead of working, I've been scanning cruise deals, etc. I agree with pp that the best remedy is to book another, even if it is a few years off.

The best thing to do is book another cruise. If money is an issue, you may want to try a shorter cruise(3-4 day). It's way too short but definitely good enough for a fix. Sometimes you can get great last minute deals that are very cheap. Our PVP hooked us up with a 4 day cruise for only $179 pp last month. Congrats and welcome to the addiction of cruising.

I also get very depressed when a cruise ends!! It actually begins 2 days before it even ends lol... Best remedy is to book another cruise so you have one to look forward to and to plan :) Congrats on your marriage!

Yep - I can feel it as we are going to bed the (next to) last night.... and when I awake on the last full day, it's in my mind the entire day. I think I overcompensate for that feeling by booking cruises (one day we'll have to find something else to do)! :eek:

Tom

Thank you all for the well wishes and suggestions on how to relieve my post cruise blues.

I was wondering... I was under the impression that as a past cruiser I was entitled to some kind of discount... Is this only after a certain number of cruises?

How do I get the (slightly I imagine) lower rates?

Thank you all for the well wishes and suggestions on how to relieve my post cruise blues.

I was wondering... I was under the impression that as a past cruiser I was entitled to some kind of discount... Is this only after a certain number of cruises?

How do I get the (slightly I imagine) lower rates?

There are past guest specials and also past guest rates... just click the box that says past guest when you are looking at cruises or in the "quick search" click on "special rates" Get busy booking!!! :) It relieves the depression a lot!!!

Archived