I am not saying she is spoiled

flagger

But last night my six year old said:

So sayeth the girl who will be Diamond Plus before she turns 18.

She's not spoiled, just very lucky. All my daughter asks for is a friend to come along, she was D+ in her own right at age 13 !:eek:

I've got one of those too:rolleyes: She and my son had their own balcony cabin adjoining ours for their first cruise (they were 9 & 11 at the time). This time they are older (13 & 15), so I am trusting them across the hall. She keeps telling me that we "girls" should keep the balcony and make daddy and her brother take the inside! YA THINK!!!

Hold on because it won't be to long before she doesn't want to go........

Our 3 sons were exposed to so much travel at a young ages, by the time the first was in High School, they requested to stay at home......and the first cruise they passed on was Tahiti.............I guess having no parents at home was much more exciting...........

Geez!! When my kids were young, they thought that the following things were too cool to be true: Having a zip line between two green ash trees in the back yard. Going to McDonald's once a month. Riding in the Suburban w/dog to Yellowstone, and camping out. Getting a pair of Vans or Air Jordan Nikes for Christmas. Learning to drive in Dodge Dart stick shift. Slip & Slide. Seeing Jurassic Park with smuggled popcorn and warm Cokes. When my kids were young, they thought the following things were a drag: Cleaning their rooms and doing their own laundry. Taking out trash, shovelling snow, loading/emptying the dishwasher, feeding doggie. Having to do homework and get part-time jobs. Not enough money for full four-year college/university, so had to work and pay back loans to get their degrees.

The only "balcony" they knew was being able to spit or throw water balloons on an unsuspecting sibling in the back yard from their second-floor bedroom window.

Where did I go wrong??

from the 46 year old spoiled daughter of her deceased father of 6 years, she will love you forever, balcony or not, enjoy your cruise!!:)

She's 6. She just knows what she likes. I traveled a lot with my parents when I was young. I was an airline brat (son of an airline employee), and my parents always found it entertaining when my brother and I complained when we didn't get first class when we were flying standby. I flew all over the world with my parents, never once wanted to stay home; even when I was older. My brother on the other hand is another story...

Now I pay for my coach tickets and inside rooms myself. :p

Our 6 year old granddaughter knows the difference between Inky's ship (RCCL) and Freddie's ship (Carnival). She's been telling people since she was about 4 that her favorite things to eat on a cruise are shrimp cocktail, sushi and escargot! Now that's what I call one spoiled little girl. :rolleyes: Almost forgot to mention - She's on a cruise right now with her parents.:D

I was an Army brat, and we also travelled frequently. However, it was usually by car or train, and by USS ships to Germany and back in the early 1950's. Cannot remember any luxury travel back then. Can remember moving from CO to FL in 1957 in a '55 Chevy towing a teardrop trailer. Middle of summer, no A/C. Slept in that awful teardrop on the side of the road until we got to our house in Ft. Pierce. Hot, no A/C, no window screens, lots of big mosquitoes! That was just the way it was back then. Army orders..the only life we knew. I got "spoiled" one weekend when the folks splurged and booked a cheap motel in West Palm Beach..one room and a ..gasp..pool! We were in heaven! Also got "spoiled" when we took a ferry to Nasau (under British rule at the time) and had to exchange dollars for BP. I didn't understand it at the time, and we spent the day at a pretty beach, but ate PB&J sandwiches we brought with us. Those were good days, and we were definitely not "spoiled"!!

My children (11&10) will be D+ after our next cruise on the Oasis. A couple of years ago, we went to Alaska and a really nice guy asked my son "is this your first cruise, are you really excited" and my son told him, "well sir, this is my seventh cruise" :o

Flagger: In a couple of years your daughter will ask for a "suite", my daughter just loves the new gold cards, but my son doesnt... My daughter keeps asking us to book a Royal Suite, and I keep telling her that we will love to be invited to stay with her on a Royal Suite in a couple of years, but she will have to pay for it.;)

Archived