Are Carnival Ships armed?

Carnival AZIPOD

I'm going to limit the question to the West Coast area, not because other parts of the ocean is not safe, but because the West Coast is pretty much an area where I'm geographically most familiar with, so answers limited to this area will tend to give me a better understanding.

Does anyone know if the Carnival Ships which are stationed over here in CA are armed? I'm referring to ships like the Elation, Paradise, Spirit, Splendor, ships that are home-ported on this side of the country. Do they have any defensive capabilities against threats at sea? How about threats onboard from passengers? Do they have guns or have access to guns?

I know that some ships have defensive equipment such as the LRAD device and some ships are armed with guns (MSC), but just more curious about ships that are operating in somewhat "safer" areas.

I think the biggest threat to the West Coast is probably N.Korea's TaePong(sp?) missile.

I'm going to limit the question to the West Coast area, not because other parts of the ocean is not safe, but because the West Coast is pretty much an area where I'm geographically most familiar with, so answers limited to this area will tend to give me a better understanding.

Does anyone know if the Carnival Ships which are stationed over here in CA are armed? I'm referring to ships like the Elation, Paradise, Spirit, Splendor, ships that are home-ported on this side of the country. Do they have any defensive capabilities against threats at sea? How about threats onboard from passengers? Do they have guns or have access to guns?

I know that some ships have defensive equipment such as the LRAD device and some ships are armed with guns (MSC), but just more curious about ships that are operating in somewhat "safer" areas.

I think the biggest threat to the West Coast is probably N.Korea's TaePong(sp?) missile.

I'm sure if a N. Korean missle is aimed at a Carnival Ship. Nothing can probably

stop it

I believe the security people do have access to a few small arms, but I highly doubt they have any missle defense systems.

Archived