Oriana State Rooms ??

Aussie One

having problems deciding what state rooms to book on the Oriana. there are not many reviews and very little said about the cabins and decks.we have looked at deck C but are very confused about the booking charges.

all advice on this would be great thank you Grumphy

We did a four night cruise nearly 18 months ago in a standard oceanview cabin on Oriana, and enjoyed it very much. Admittedly, that was an english channel cruise, where a balcony cabin might not have offered much benefit. The cabin was OK - not the biggest we've been in but perfectly comfortable.

For me the best things about the ship were the bars such as Andersons, the Library, the Crows Nest and the Promenade. Oh, and the fantail stern - very enjoyable.

Thank you Libralass,and Tom, for your reply, we are looking at the outside with bath. the balcony room is nearly double the price. the P&O web site is not user friendly. would Deck C be a good choice ?

all replys welcome thank you grumphy

Tom the cruise i,m look at is the Oriana 23 september 2010 to Kiwi land and Oz. i note you posted early about Oriana itinary in 2010. this is why i,m looking for as much info for cabins and decks.

the lastime i cruised P&O was on the Orcades from Tilbury to Perth W.A that cruise in 1961 cost 10 pound. Bargain.

Thank you Libralass,and Tom, for your reply, we are looking at the outside with bath. the balcony room is nearly double the price. the P&O web site is not user friendly. would Deck C be a good choice ?

all replys welcome thank you grumphy

OK, I have re-familiarised myself with Oriana cabins. On our cruise we had a KB or KC on C deck. This means it was definitely one of the smaller cabins; just 150 sq ft. Space really is quite limited. We were only on her for four days, and it was OK for that long. Speaking personally, I don't think I would want to do a 43 day cruise in a cabin that small.

On Oriana there is intermediate cabin type, the non-balcony 'Deluxe Outside Stateroom' (category EA). They're on C deck as well - I don't know if these are the ones you're referring to. They're the same as the balcony cabins, but without a balcony if you see what I mean, and the brochure says they're 220 sq ft. I haven't been in one but I would expect that they would be a lot roomier.

All this is theoretical, of course: I've only done a short cruise on Oriana in a small cabin, and my perceptions are based on that. Others who have done longer cruises on Oriana, perhaps world cruise sectors, may have different opinions.

Thank you Tom i cruised the med with Celebrity Summit 2008 and have booked the Eclipse 4th September 2010 you will enjoy Celebrity.

i will look forward to your review of the Solice in your very informative blog.

we will leave the Oriana in Sanfrancisco, the P&O 2010 brochures have not come out in Oz plus there not taking bookings for 2010 making it hard to choose a cabin or deck.

the reason i only paid ten pound for my 1961 criuse my wife and i where

ten pound pome Migrants. have a G/day grumphy.

Grumpy

I was on Celebrity Equinox in late July which will be the same sister Solstice ship as Eclipse, here are some photos :

http://picasaweb.google.com/AuroraPartyCruiseSueV/Equinox2nCruise27July2009?authkey=Gv1sRgCOaXx9-78avLzgE#5363820067846643618

She's a lovely ship, all cabins have a 32" flat screen tv in even insides, opposite the bed! The suites ofcourse have 54" screens !

We had one of the larger outside state rooms on C deck 2 yrs ago for a 23 night cruise on Oriana. The cabin was really nice and we loved having the couch to sit on. We even had our friends come along for pre dinner drinks as it was so spacious.

The bathroom was a reasonable size too.

I recommend it, but we're off on Oriana in a few weeks time - 25 nights in an ordinary size cabin on C deck -smaller but so much cheaper!

Oriana is a great ship!

Caryl

Bit concerned with rumour that Oriana 2010 cruise has been cancelled as we are booked on return leg from Auckland to Southampton. Called in to our TA this morning and they assure us it is still active. Fingers crossed!!

Yes i have had confimation from p&o uk that its ok.

the problem here is that the Oz cruise brochure has not been released for 2010 and TA will not take bookings. TA and p&o uk will not let me book because i don,t have a uk address. i want to book now so i can plan my trip in the UK and europe.

i,m trying to get around this as i have a sister in Bournemouth, as a young fellow i worked on the Lizzie and the Mary when they they had there refits. Soton in the late 1950s was the most busy city in uk.

the employment was huge Cunard & Castle Line shipping,hyth refinery,ford trucks,remington rand, raliegh bycycles,eastleigh for train repairs.all the gas and electric bills for the s/west of england where sent out from here plus pompey a short drive away, are the bullet holes from the last war still in the Bargate ?

have a G/day grumphy

Hi there - I have never been on Oriana but I do have a 2010 P and O brochure in front of me. The larger deluxe outside staterooms are on C deck and are classed as EA and the cabin numbers on the the portside run from C154 - C260 and on starboard side from C169 -C277. They show in my brochure as being a strange green/grey colour!!!

The Standard Outside Stateroom with a bath/shower are on A and C decks. Personally I would go for C deck as A deck is below the lido deck so you may get noise from sunbeds being dragged around in the mornings! They are classed as KB and KC and are shown as blue or an orangy yellow. The Outside staterooms with showers on C deck are at the aft of the ship and are a very pale lemon/cream colour or grey.

Hope this makes some sense

Sue

Hi there - I have never been on Oriana but I do have a 2010 P and O brochure in front of me. The larger deluxe outside staterooms are on C deck and are classed as EA and the cabin numbers on the the portside run from C154 - C260 and on starboard side from C169 -C277. They show in my brochure as being a strange green/grey colour!!!

The Standard Outside Stateroom with a bath/shower are on A and C decks. Personally I would go for C deck as A deck is below the lido deck so you may get noise from sunbeds being dragged around in the mornings! They are classed as KB and KC and are shown as blue or an orangy yellow. The Outside staterooms with showers on C deck are at the aft of the ship and are a very pale lemon/cream colour or grey.

Hope this makes some sense

Sue

Thank you Sue i have just booked EA on deck C GRUMPHY

Archived