football game on pride

cruisenuts4life

I remember they had Fox and I remember there is no ESPN. Hard to believe there is no ESPN on this ship.

The ESPN satellite signal isn't available in most of the Caribbean so it doesn't make much sense for a business like Carnival to subscribe to the channel. Carnival does carry the ESPN International channel which is a Spanish language channel with English available on alternate audio feeds for some programming. ESPN International caters to the sporting interests of Latin America so much of the programming is soccer. They do carry most Monday Night Football games but do pre-empt some if another event is of greater interest to the channel's target audience.

Does anyone know if you can watch any football games on pride? My DH is diehard ravens fan and wanted to know.

Since you are cruising this weekend like we are, I can tell you Denver is showing the Saints at Eagles at 1PM and the Browns at Broncos at 4PM.

NY Giants at Cowboys at 8PM and the Colts at Dolphins on MNF in the sportsbar in Espanol on Monday night. (the announcers are the regular guys in English, but all onscreen graphics will be in Spanish.)

Tell your husband to Tivo his Ravens.....

Bill

Went to the Q & A session on the Pride a few weeks ago...

The reason why there is no ESPN onboard is because Disney Cruiseline has a lock on that channel simply because Disney owns that channel. They do have ESPN2 and ESPN Espanol.

They also cannot show you any of the major networks with an east coast feed due to some strange FCC regulations dealing with revenue from commercials. That is why they only show Denver networks. It has nothing to do with satellite feeds because with those huge radome dishes they can catch just about anything.

Since you are cruising this weekend like we are, I can tell you Denver is showing the Saints at Eagles at 1PM and the Browns at Broncos at 4PM.

I'd rather watch Pittsburgh at Chicago. Let's face it, I think that Pittsburgh against anybody is a great game.

Archived