Price Drop

Julma

If it is before the final payment date, yes but you will be changing from a selected cabin category to a guarantee cabin category. e.g. going from an E1 select to an E1 Gty. I believe that the new rate must match the cabin category exactly so there must be at least one available cabin in that category. After the final payment date, if you've booked directly, it's up to the RC agent you speak to whether they will allow you to switch from a select to a guarantee category in the same category. Some seem to allow it, other don't. If the new price is a general category guarantee (W, X, Y or Z) it is less likely to be allowed after the final payment date without a penalty being applied. Call them to find out and call back if the first inquiry isn't positive. If booked through a TA, you will have to go through them.

There was a price drop for my cruise, in my category...the hitch...there are no rooms it is a guaranteed room rate. Can I still request a credit?

We switched from a JS to a Suite guarantee after final payment for our cruise last April - I believe it was about 3 weeks before we left. We gave up our current cabin and rolled the dice on what was available. I can't remember if there were JS listed as available, but we ended up in another one - an aft! which was super cool. And we saved $700.

So I believe, yes, you could call and get a credit....you just are rolling the dice because you are assigned a cabin based upon the minimum - so if you are in D1, and take a balcony guarantee you might end up in an E1 for instance.

Never hurts to call!

Good luck

Garren

Thank you, my question is answered. I would have to give up my assigned cabin and roll the dice, which for $80 is not worth it to me. I am on deck 8 and picked the room based on what was around, above and below. The cruise is in November, so I will just keep watching.

Archived