Our Jewel T/A - Blarney Stones, Sour Whale Blubber; did I Mention Irish Whiskey?

SailorJack

Looking forward to your review...it has been a while since your last one.:)

Actually, the last one was about 7 months ago. We normally do two a year, but squeezed in a 3rd this year. If you missed my last one (June) a link to it is in my signature.

I am having trouble editing the current one so it may be a day or so yet.

• 1 month later...
"You have crazy people drying fish?” LOL

Priceless. Another great read. Thank you!

Please SailorJack...take the Alaskan cruise we'll be on. What a treat it would be to meet you and SailorJill.

Glad you enjoyed it. We had a lot of fun with our tour guide and that was not the first time something got lost in the translation.:D

I would love to sail with you, but Jill and I are warm water cruisers. We like to scuba and lay out under palm trees. I was in Alaska once on business and there was snow on the ground! But enjoy your cruise, Alaska offers some very beautiful scenery and wildlife opportunities.

Jack

• 11 months later...
reading your ports reviews and have tears of laughter!! you have made my day and several others as I have been sending them the links of your posts. Love Love Love your humour!!!

Thanks. I really enjoy writing about the humorous aspects of cruising and always enjoy hearing from people who share my type of humor - warped as it may be (at least according to Jill).:D

I enjoyed your very entertaining review. You are an excellent story teller.

Thank you, glad you found it entertaining.

Jack

I looked up Thorramatur on the net and there actually is food like you described! Pointing a gun at each other to make them eat it - too funny.

One of my regrets from this trip is that I didn't at least try it.:eek: If we ever get back there we will at least sample it - just to say we did. After all, I had hagis in Scotland - how worse than that can it be!:D

Jack

One of my regrets from this trip is that I didn't at least try it.:eek: If we ever get back there we will at least sample it - just to say we did. After all, I had hagis in Scotland - how worse than that can it be!:D

Jack

I have tried the rotten shark, and hagis is edible! The rotten shark, if I were to try it again, I would need a gun held to my head!!:eek:

Rick

I have tried the rotten shark, and hagis is edible! The rotten shark, if I were to try it again, I would need a gun held to my head!!:eek:

Rick

Well, you just may have talked me out of trying it!:eek:

LOL. So tempted to comment but restraining myself.....:p

On behalf of the Censor Board, I thank you....:D

Jack

• 3 weeks later...
Please tell me the name of your books. I have not laughed this hard since I read a Confederacy of Dunces. Wonderfully done..

Glad you enjoyed it. We just got back from a two week cruise to the Antarctic on the Infinity (Review should be up on the Celebrity board in a few days). The deal I made with my publisher is that I would not do book tours or tell people the titles. As you can well imagine this has had a very negative impact on sales!

I will have to look up Confederacy of Dunces...have not run across that title...if in fact it is an actual book and not a veiled reference to my writings!:)

Edited by SailorJack

Glad you enjoyed it. We just got back from a two week cruise to the Antarctic on the Infinity (Review should be up on the Celebrity board in a few days). The deal I made with my publisher is that I would not do book tours or tell people the titles. As you can well imagine this has had a very negative impact on sales!

I will have to look up Confederacy of Dunces...have not run across that title...if in fact it is an actual book and not a veiled reference to my writings!:)

Yes indeedy, it is a book. I have a copy,:p

Yes indeedy, it is a book. I have a copy,:p

With both of you referencing the book, I just had to look it up. Based on the reviews I read I will have to order it (it is $3 bucks on Amazon and I will see if I can download it from the library)! Thanks for the tip-off.

By the way, I read that they are trying to make a movie out of it.

Jack

Sounds like a great cast a few years back, but it was never made. Did you read where one commented that "it was cursed"?

It has been years since I read it--still have the book so may re-read. Had to read the reviews to remind myself...:rolleyes: