questions regarding bermuda

cruiselover85

what places offer watersport activities (preferably cheaper), besides fantasea, snorkelpark, and ks watersports?

In bermuda i wanted to try this place called fish and TIngs, jamaican cuisine. do you know how far that is from Kings wharf?

i also want to try the codfish and potatoes, as well as the rockfish and cassava pie, anybody know what places serve these dishes?

does anybody know how to get to jobson's cove, and how far away it is from kings wharf? any directory map perhaps?

what are the quietest beaches on bermuda?

what restaurants offer outdoor dining with a great ocean view?

also where can i purchase horton's rumcake?

which is better in taste? hortons rumcake, or the cakes from the rum cake factory?

cruiselover85 asked:

Q: does anybody know how to get to jobson's cove, and how far away it is from kings wharf? any directory map perhaps?

A: A bus #7 will get you to Jobson’s Cove. It is located off South Road about a 35-minute bus ride from the Dockyard. It is located after Horse Shoe Bay Beach but before Warwick Long Bay Beach. You'll find a map here: http://www.bermudayp.com/map

Q: I wanted to try this place called fish and TIngs, Jamaican cuisine. do you know how far that is from Kings wharf?

A: Fish and Tings is located at 45 Angle St, Hamilton. Take the ferry to Hamilton. After you depart the ferry turn right on Front St, take a left onto Court St and then a right onto Angle St.

Q: i also want to try the codfish and potatoes, as well as the rockfish and cassava pie, anybody know what places serve these dishes?

A: This is what a found on cassava pie: it is traditionally eaten at Christmas and other special occasions. Maybe the Bermudians who visit this board can provide additional info. For the other food items, here is a link to a dining guide http://www.bermudayp.com/dining where you can check the memus.

Q: what restaurants offer outdoor dining with a great ocean view?

Here are some: White Horse Tavern, St George (harbor view); Café Gio, St George (h.v.); Carriage House, St George (h.v.); Flanaghans Irish Pub & Sports Bar, Hamilton (h.v.); Pickled Onion Restaurant and Bar, Hamilton (h.v.); Harbourfront Restaurant, Hamilton (h.v.).

Since you’ll be doing so much traveling, buying a 3-day bus pass is a good idea.

My only advice is - slow down to enjoy Bermuda :D.

You can sample the rum cakes right at the factory and make your own decision. They are very good but in my opinion very expensive. I have a rum cake recipie that I make and it is soo much cheaper. But having said that the cakes do make a nice gift for someone.

Archived