Carnival Previous Guest party?

peanutzmom

Hi! I have a question for any of you that have attended the private parties for Carnival's previous guests. We'll be taking our second Carnival cruise in March and plan on attending, but I'd like some specifics to make sure it will fit with our other plans. What night and time is it usually scheduled for? What is the appropriate dress? Anything else we should know about it?? Thanks!

If I remember correctly, it's usually right before main/early dinner seating. And I think it's on the 2nd formal night. We've seen people dressed in different attire there. Our first past guest party was on the Imagination and they had it in one of the lounges. On the Glory it was in the theater. It's basically free snacks, drinks, and history of Carnival show, plus they give you info on new ships coming out.

It varies from ship to sip and from sailing to sailing. It is "usually" mid-to-late afternoon. *Never* on the same day as a formal night. Dress runs the gamut, no "suggested" dress code for the event is published anywhere. You will not see it mentioned in the Capers, but by invitation delivered to your cabin.

Don't forget to tip the waiter with the drinks and he wont forget you. All the drinks are free. Ask for what you wnat. Some times you will get it. Have fun.

I never thouoght of doing that. Someties the wait staff would buzz by paying no attention to our table.

Do you give cash tips?

Last year on the Elation it was right before dinner on the second formal night in the Mikado Lounge. However, this year (three weeks ago) it was held in the Cole Porter Lounge starting before the early seating at dinner was over so we went late as we had early seating. It was so crowded that we walked through and left. They served appetizers and drinks and showed the Carnival movie of the history of the Carnival ships.

Go Early!!! They won't let you in untill the stated time on the invitation but you can be one of the first to get in. The place gets really packed. So another advantage to going early is it's easier to get drinks. Sit by an aisle way if you like to drink. Most of all Have Fun!!!

CaribbeanCrazy

Archived