Is this normal

mom2boys97

I just recieved a call from Carnival and this lady was saying that she was my PVP and was asking me ???'s about my cruise, I told her i had one booked already and she says oh really who did u book it thru? I said my pvp she says oh really well she must be gone now. Well i called the number i have for my pvp and it went to her voicemail so i am waiting to see if she calls back to find out what is going on... Do they have pvps that call you and try to steal your reservations or what?????

This happened to me. A few days after booking my cruise, a PVP calls me and asks if I was in need of more info in order to make my decision to book. I told him I'd already booked. We figured it out, though. A few days before I booked, I called for info, pricing, etc. I was then entered into the system for an automatic call back. Before the call back, I booked with whoever answered the phone, never knowing that I'd already been assigned a PVP from my previous call.

I just recieved a call from Carnival and this lady was saying that she was my PVP and was asking me ???'s about my cruise, I told her i had one booked already and she says oh really who did u book it thru? I said my pvp she says oh really well she must be gone now. Well i called the number i have for my pvp and it went to her voicemail so i am waiting to see if she calls back to find out what is going on... Do they have pvps that call you and try to steal your reservations or what?????

Sounds a little strange to me. If your pvp is still there would tell her about the call.

Your assigned PVP will automatically get an e-mail as soon as your past guest number is entered. I have had the same PVP for 5 years and he will not even take a referral if they already have a PVP assigned to them because even if he did book them on a cruise their regular PVP gets the credit. He says it's just not worth the hassle unless the passenger formally asks to be assigned to another PVP first.

We've had a PVP call us a few times and next time we will definitely give him a try. The other ones we've had since our first one seem to act like your bothering them when you call and ask questions and try to get OBC or upgrade. Our first one was very good but she left and we're still trying to find a good one!!!

Your assigned PVP will automatically get an e-mail as soon as your past guest number is entered. I have had the same PVP for 5 years and he will not even take a referral if they already have a PVP assigned to them because even if he did book them on a cruise their regular PVP gets the credit. He says it's just not worth the hassle unless the passenger formally asks to be assigned to another PVP first.

Amazing - one PVP for 5 years. We have had at least 4. They don't seem to stick around very long. The first one was outstanding, the other 3 adequate at best. You are very lucky.

When you register with Carnival.com, and when you go there and logon on and browse the site, carnival knows it. So they figure you might need help booking a cruise, so they call you from the phone number you registered with.

Archived