Dec 1st or Inaugural - Which one?

HideoutII

It is time for the final payment. Will we be disappointed if we take the Dec 1st for 1/2 the price of the Inaugural? If we do that then we have almost paid for 1 cruise fare for another cruise on the Oasis when the prices come down next year. Which would you do?

Puzzled.

I would stick with 12/1.

No matter how well they prepare, inaugural cruises always have little inconveniences and sometimes large problems. You will be passing up some bragging rights but making a much better investment. Don't worry it will still have that "New Ship Smell"

Thanks for your thoughts. The 12/1 cruise is a 4 night pre-inaugural cruise before the 12/5 7 night inaugural cruise. Does anybody else have any thoughts?

Honestly , The 4 night cruise is just as expensive as the 7 night. It's just pro-rated, and you get 4 days instead of 7. If I could only choose one, I'd go with the 7 day.

Honestly , The 4 night cruise is just as expensive as the 7 night. It's just pro-rated, and you get 4 days instead of 7. If I could only choose one, I'd go with the 7 day.

Not sure what categories you are looking at Brenda:confused:

I just took a quick look starting at the top:

JS Dec1st $1699 % 4 nights = $424.75/night

JS Dec5th $4829 % 7 nights = $689.86/night

GS Dec1st $2199 % 4 nights = $549.75/night

GS Dec5th $5729 % 7 nights = $818.43/night

As you can see it's much more expensive on a per/night basis for the Dec 5th verse Dec 1st.

Not sure what categories you are looking at Brenda:confused:

I just took a quick look starting at the top:

JS Dec1st $1699 % 4 nights = $424.75/night

JS Dec5th $4829 % 7 nights = $689.86/night

GS Dec1st $2199 % 4 nights = $549.75/night

GS Dec5th $5729 % 7 nights = $818.43/night

As you can see it's much more expensive on a per/night basis for the Dec 5th verse Dec 1st.

I reserved early and I am in a balcony. My rates would be $251 per day for the Dec 5 and $235 per day for the Dec 1.

I know I will spending these dollars with RCCL at some time whether it is now or later. I am D+ and take at least 4 one week cruises a year. I have never been on an inaugural. I have been on the Liberty's first Eastern Caribbean cruise. I seem to be reading about more and more pre-inaugural cruises for the Oasis starting as early as Nov 21.

So, should I do the 12/1 and be pretty close to the first to experience the ship and save the money which I can use towards future cruises to either upgrade my cabin or pay to try all of the new pay venues--- Or, go for the actual inaugural because there will only be one. Do you think that RCCL will really make it special because it is the Inaugural?

I reserved early and I am in a balcony. My rates would be $251 per day for the Dec 5 and $235 per day for the Dec 1.

I know I will spending these dollars with RCCL at some time whether it is now or later. I am D+ and take at least 4 one week cruises a year. I have never been on an inaugural. I have been on the Liberty's first Eastern Caribbean cruise. I seem to be reading about more and more pre-inaugural cruises for the Oasis starting as early as Nov 21.

So, should I do the 12/1 and be pretty close to the first to experience the ship and save the money which I can use towards future cruises to either upgrade my cabin or pay to try all of the new pay venues--- Or, go for the actual inaugural because there will only be one. Do you think that RCCL will really make it special because it is the Inaugural?

I sure hope they plan on making it memorable!! We are not able to keep our daughter out of school that long and I can't get that much time off from work to do the 12/1 and 12/5 b2b so as disappointing as it was for us to go from the original date of 12/12/09 to this, we are hoping this experience will be amazing for us!! Its our very first EVER Inaugural Sailing and we are so excited and can't wait.- have been on these boards for almost 2 years now!

I am a relative newby with only 8 cruises total under my belt, but I do have a suggestion.

Why don't you look back at your Liberty Inaugural cruise and base your decision on that? How much did you enjoy it? How much do you appreciate having been one of her first passengers now that you can look back on the experience? If in retrospect you really had a good time and like having first passenger bragging rights, then go for the 12/1 Oasis cruise. You cruise so frequently. If you like the Oasis, you can always go back again for a 7 day.

No matter what you choose, I'm sure you will have a wonderful time.

Safe and Happy Cruising! :)

You all are right. I can't go wrong either way. I wish I could do both, but I can't take that much time off from work in December.

If it wasn't about $800 per person difference, it would be easy. I would just go on the Inaugural. But, if I opt to save the money, I am afraid I will be disappointed that I didn't do the Inaugural.

I still have a couple of days left to decide. So, keep the thoughts coming in.

Thanks so much for all of the input, it really helps. That's why these boards are great!

There is only one first sailing and one inaugural so we booked both without a second thought. I'm sure Labadee will be something more than the usual and the main cruise will have many specials. We went on the 3rd cruise of the Freedom and that convenced us that we must do the inaugural of the Oasis. :)

I would have loved to have been able to have booked the 7 day cruise but the time away from work plus the extra expense, made it unaffordable for us. Plus it is right before XMAS. Need money for that too. So with all these things to think of we booked 12/1. I am so excited and feel we made the best choice for us. We plan on sailing her again next Sept. when it is less expensive, but I just couldn't wait till then.

P.S. The cruise director will most likely have total freedom to get any entertainment he or she wants to make the cruise really special. I know that was the case with the Freedom. :)

I sure hope that happens for all of you. I was on the Freedom inaugural sailing and there was no special onboard entertainment. The only special entertainment we saw was in MOntego Bay Jamaica when we docked there for the first time. They had recording artist Shaggy who is from Jamaica do a concert pierside. I was wonderful and even Captain Bill was down there amongst all the crowd. Kudos to Montego Bay. Every time I hear Shaggy's song Angel I taken back to pierside in Jamaica on Freedom ...a great memory:)

I would like to invite those of you who are booked on either of the first two sailings to please drop by the roll calls and meet the rest of us who are booked on these sailings...it is getting to the really exciting stage...final payments and sorting out our plans for onboard and ports etc. :D

There are events we are arranging that are open to everyone on these two sailings whose names are on the roll call lists, so please drop in and chat with us a while...we love it when new folks join in the fun & planning :D

Thank you for the invite. I hate to comitt to anything because the ship is sooo big and I want to see it all and only have 4 days to do this. I doubt there is time to sleep! I have been following the roll call and love all the excitement and info. But I hate to say we will meet somewhere and not show. You guys have done a great job!

Thank you for the invite. I hate to comitt to anything because the ship is sooo big and I want to see it all and only have 4 days to do this. I doubt there is time to sleep! I have been following the roll call and love all the excitement and info. But I hate to say we will meet somewhere and not show. You guys have done a great job!

Hey no worries about committing to anything :D I am glad you read the roll call....keep your eyes on it in the next few weeks ;) we have something special to give more details about very soon.

I would like to invite those of you who are booked on either of the first two sailings to please drop by the roll calls and meet the rest of us who are booked on these sailings...it is getting to the really exciting stage...final payments and sorting out our plans for onboard and ports etc. :D

There are events we are arranging that are open to everyone on these two sailings whose names are on the roll call lists, so please drop in and chat with us a while...we love it when new folks join in the fun & planning :D

Liz, I actually got around to joining the role call today for the 5th Dec sailing. See you before that, but just wanted to tell you.

Liz, I actually got around to joining the role call today for the 5th Dec sailing. See you before that, but just wanted to tell you.

Hi Dave

Very happy to hear you joined roll call, we have a few from UK on the list..catch you on the roll call...and see you in 6 weeks & 4 days on the NV :D

We were wrestling with this same decision and just decided upon the 4 night. We normally cruise for the itinerary. The itinerary sucks for both sailings. So, since we just want to experience the Oasis we figured we'd take the cheaper of the two and hit the Mediterranean next year.

Archived