Cruzan Rum Factory

jst4fun715

You definitely have to take a cab, and there's no beach near the rum factory. There's a decent beach right at the pier, so you can do your beach thing when you return from the rum factory.

I did this tour two years ago, and it's more revealing than other distillery tours I've taken. In the States and at Barcardi, all you see pretty much are huge vats - you don't get to see the fermentating rum. Whereas at Cruzan when I was there, the vats were open and you could see the foamy stuff. You also got to see them bottling it, and when I was there, somebody was repairing the aging barrels. It's less state-of-the-art, and more quaint than some other distilleries.

Have heard good things about that restaurant/bar, but haven't been.

:confused: How are you making arrangements for a tour? Will there be folks at the pier from Cruzan Rum Factory and/or folks for hire to take you there? We will be there next week (10/3 - we leave for San Juan tomorrow!) and are wondering if we can just walk off the ship and arrange to take a tour. I found the Cruzan Rum website but I can't find any info about taking a tour.

Thanks,

Marilyn

I would love to know how far from the pier as well. Also, how much is the taxi to get there and back. We will be there on Oct. 13 and I would like to see the distillery but since we have never been to St. Croix, we would like to see more of the island as well.

Meredith

Taxis are at the pier, I would not worry about struggling for a ride to the rum factory. Most taxis will suggest a tour of some sorts, and they are quite faithful at being there to pick you up at appointed times.

I'd guess the Cruzan Rum factory is about 20 minutes from the pier, give oor take- depends on how many loose goats in the road, lol. Looking at the gotostx site, taxi fares should be about $15, I think.

Safe travels and very happy cruises!

Archived