Rhodes & Lindos in late October - warm enough for a dip???

YoPhilly

My mother always called me a little fish....love the water....should have been born under Pisces.

So, I'm getting ready to head back to Greece and would love to take a swim in the Med this time. I'm pushing it with the weather at the end of October, but I figure Rhodes may be far enough south to be do-able. In fact, I've read that Lindos is the warmest spot in all of Greece and saw photos of the sweetest little protected beach - I think it was called St. John's Bay (or some apostle-something-or-other).

Can anyone out there give me hope?

What are your experiences? Favorite beaches, etc.?

Well, if you live in Philly, you must swim in the Atlantic off NJ. Compared to that, the Med off of Rhodes, which indeed is far south, would be a piece of cake. I definitely think it is doable.

I spent the first 18 years of my life in Toms River, NJ, and I very much enjoyed my swim in the Med at 7 AM in Tel Aviv one November. (My only opportunity because I was with a tour group.) The water was great; the air temp that early a bit cold.

My only Med swimming experience recently was last September in Milos, where our ship diverted because of rough seas at Delos/Mykonos. Lovely beach, and very refreshing water.

Growing up on the Jersey shore, I want sand, not stony, beaches, so I simply have not done much swimming on my Med trips. I meant to in June in Rhodes, but we spent too much time touring in the Old Town, and ended up skipping the beach opportunity.

Go for it!

Thanks, Pam. I wasn't sure about the water temperature. I know I won't mind stony beaches since I'm hardly on the beach at all - always IN the water! :p

Tom's River, huh? We were just in Cinty last weekend. We're out there several times a year to visit family. You and I should have lunch sometime.

Nancy

Tom's River, huh? We were just in Cinty last weekend. We're out there several times a year to visit family. You and I should have lunch sometime.

Nancy

Nancy, I would be happy to have lunch with you; I love to talk travel. My email address is at the top of the two (Oceania) Nautica cruise reviews I posted in the past year, so write me next time you plan to come out here. (My 86- and 91-year-old parents still live in Toms River.)

Pam

Archived