Special day celebration option in cruise personalizer

manasvi10

Hi,

We have booked out first princess cruise. I was checking the options in cruise personalizer and saw the option to celebrate special occassion if it fits the window of "30 day prior to sailing date and 45 days after sailing date". Me and my husband, both of us are celebrating our milestone birthdays and 5 th wedding anniversary.

The website asks for name of the passenger and the date on the cruise when we want to celebrate. Nothing other than this..

Can somebody tell me exactly what do they do? How much is the cost? and what is included? The page does not show options and cost.

Regards,

Manasvi10

They will put birthday or anniversary ballons on your doorway. And the night you decide to celebrate your occasion you will need to tell your waiter and they will deliver a small cake to your table.

My brother turned 50 on our cruise and we ate at the Sterling Steak House (delicious) and they also sang to him.:)

If one of our birthdays falls wthin a cruise we enter it for the correct day. If it is just before or after the cruise, we pick a day near the birthday and enter that. You get balloons and sign on your cabin door and a little cake with dinner that night. No cost. No other options.

Seems we have had an event on every cruise. We just got off the Caribbean Princess a week ago and it was the first time they didn't put birthday balloons on our door - others around us had them. But I did have a card slipped under the door on my BD saying to bring it to the dining room for cake etc. Friends treated us to dinner at the Crown Grill that night so I didn't take the card, but our friends spilled the beans and the "cake" showed up along with the singing waiters :-)

Where do you get the "event card"? We celebrated our anniversary on the Coral but being our first cruise couldn't figure out how to get it recognized . . . even though we'd put it in the cruise personalizer nothing happened. Our next cruise is for my BD and we would really like to figure this out . . .

Occasionally, even though you put the event in the Princess personalizer for your booking, it is missed. If you don't receive balloons or the card on the day you choose to celebrate, just a word to your room steward or to your waiter in the dining room will take care of the problem. :)

I used the Cruise personalizer twice for this. ( cruising with my DM near her birthday). We were anytime dining. On the Star we got a Happy Birthday sign on the door and ballons on the ceiling above our door. On the Sea, though we say one set of ballons on the first day, we saw none after that but she got a nice bitthday card and a voucher for a cake and "flafla" that we could bring to any dining room and get spoiled. It was delivered on the adte I had mentionned in Cruise Personalizer.

Archived